No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO's Doors Remain Wide Open To All Promoters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Good Boy View Post
    so youre more a fan of hbos program than of boxing. so youre a virgin nerdy type lol ok i understand now.

as long as they dont cancel "girls" on you right?
    LOL.. Just peeked in cause I knew you would pull a lil biatch move throw an insult after I said I was going to enjoy dinner with the fam, and you proved me right.. You are in fact a lil biacth lol. That's the equivalent of calling your boss an a-hole behind his back. And I'm a huge boxing fan, but the fact is I don't need either HBO or Showtime to watch all the fights ya f'n dummy.. I can easily stream all the fights online, which is something I'm sure you have no clue on how to do being that you're such a f'n moron. I chose to pay extra for HBO because of their overall programming and exclusive series, documentaries and movies.. Showtime I have only cause it's part of the channel package that came with my cable service, and other then boxing I think the overall programming of the channel is utter s-h-i-t.
    Last edited by jso416; 03-23-2013, 06:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
      All those fighters started on Showtime
      Yeah and most casual and non boxing fans had no f'n clue who they were till they came to HBO lol.

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
        lol, Hershman phucked up and is backtracking. Your description of the situation does not jive with HBO saying it's no longer working with GBP, and in less than a week, suddenly backtracking and saying it'll work with any promoter. What did GBP do or say differently in the span of those few days for HBO to suddenly change heart? LOL, nothing. Fact of the matter is GBP's plans have been in motion months ago - they've BEEN moving their fighters to SHO. Hershman's tantrum did little to change the current course of that ship.

“In order to achieve our goal of the best fighters, in the most compelling matchups, we’ve decided to focus our efforts and resources on those strategic relationships where we better share common goals in business philosophy,”

Where in this comment does Hershman say he would NEVER again listen to calls from GBP?? He doesn't so what is he backtracking on?.. The bottom line is he's made it clear that they're moving in a different direction, and if GBP still wants to do business with them then GBP has to pick up the phone and call HBO.. Not the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleMM View Post
          Ken Hershman and Bob Arum are only working together because of one reason which I shall not name. Certain people stick together.
          If that's really what you think, then why are you too much of a coward to come out and say it annonymously over the internet? Could it be that it's just too ridiculously racist to just say rather than snidely imply?
          Last edited by Visceral; 03-23-2013, 06:22 PM.

Comment

At the end of the day what does it matter to a fan especially when you're just streaming these fights for free? I really don't see the sense of these silly debates. If I want to see fights I'll do whatever it takes to see it, be it shown on SHO or HBO.

These Floyd fanboys just can't resist extending their worship beyond Floyd's ass.

Comment

Are you for real? They announced just this past Mon that they were moving on, severing ties with GBP, and passing on Broner (which was a huge deal). It's not even a week later, and we're getting new statements saying they're willing to work with any promoter. EVERY major media outlet covered this story, how could you possibly miss this? That's hilarious that you can actually sit there and interpret HBO's Monday statement as: "Hey GBP, call us." GTFOH.

Originally posted by jso416 View Post
              “In order to achieve our goal of the best fighters, in the most compelling matchups, we’ve decided to focus our efforts and resources on those strategic relationships where we better share common goals in business philosophy,”

Where in this comment does Hershman say he would NEVER again listen to calls from GBP?? He doesn't so what is he backtracking on?.. The bottom line is he's made it clear that they're moving in a different direction, and if GBP still wants to do business with them then GBP has to pick up the phone and call HBO.. Not the other way around.

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
                Are you for real? They announced just this past Mon that they were moving on, severing ties with GBP, and passing on Broner (which was a huge deal). It's not even a week later, and we're getting new statements saying they're willing to work with any promoter. EVERY major media outlet covered this story, how could you possibly miss this? That's hilarious that you can actually sit there and interpret HBO's Monday statement as: "Hey GBP, call us." GTFOH.
                I'll ask you again.. Where in the comment does Herschman specifically say he would NEVER again field calls from GBP??.. It's not a very hard question.

And I never said I interpret his comment as "Hey GBP, call us".. I take it more as "Hey if they want to call us we're willing to listen, but we certainly don't need them."
                Last edited by jso416; 03-23-2013, 06:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jso416 View Post
                  Yeah and most casual and non boxing fans had no f'n clue who they were till they came to HBO lol.
                  Most casual fans only know Floyd and Manny and maybe Marquez. Brandon Rios and Nonito could thru Times Square or DC and nobody would know who they are. If it's a good fight I will watch it on Disney Jr. If Floyd and Canelo fight it will be huge no matter if its on Showtime or HBO. Eventually HBO and Golden Boy will work together because it will be stupid not to.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
                    Most casual fans only know Floyd and Manny and maybe Marquez. Brandon Rios and Nonito could thru Times Square or DC and nobody would know who they are. If it's a good fight I will watch it on Disney Jr. If Floyd and Canelo fight it will be huge no matter if its on Showtime or HBO. Eventually HBO and Golden Boy will work together because it will be stupid not to.
                    The point is guys like Rios, Donaire and Gamboa became bigger names when they moved to HBO. Most casuals I know had no f'n clue who they were when they fought on Showtime.. I do think HBO and GBP will eventually work together again. That much we can agree on.

Comment

• Showtime will never be HBO simply because HBO was first by a mile and they have THE history with boxing. More people have it more people see it that way, Showtime is the B network of boxing. I pay for it myself but I still don't see it as a big fight unless Michael Buffer is getting us ready to rumble and Jim Lampley is the voice of boxing no one else even compares at least in the states. I like Paulie and was a huge fan of Tarver (favorite on TV what a dumbass) but Showtime no matter what they do will never be HBO.

Comment

Working...
                      X