No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Orlando Salido: After the Big Win, He's Ready For More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Orlando Salido: After the Big Win, He's Ready For More

By Cliff Rold - In the biggest win of his career, Orlando Salido (35-11-2, 23 KO) dropped undefeated Juan Manuel Lopez in the fifth, a punctuation mark on a cresting ass whipping that finally culminated in round eight. The 30-year old Mexican veteran, a professional since 1996 who began his paid tenure as a knockout victim, felt like he had finally arrived.

Which, when one takes a closer look, is a little odd.

After all, the Lopez win marked the third time a fight ended with someone handing Salido a major title belt at Featherweight for photo ops.

It was the second time that he got to keep a belt after the post-fight drug test came back.

And now we find out if he can keep a belt in the ring.

Saturday night, while much of the sport’s attention will be focused on a unification contest in Las Vegas, Salido will be tending to business of his own. Winning a belt is great, even if they aren’t that rare an accomplishment anymore. [Click Here To Read More]

salido should just stop running doing a pointless fight for what give juanma a rematch and he will take his belt back that the ref gave to you

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
      salido should just stop running doing a pointless fight for what give juanma a rematch and he will take his belt back that the ref gave to you
      No, let him do whatever he wants he's the champ. Most people would like to take an easy matchup before a big fight and even then Salido has earned his right to have this tune-up.

In fact, I think Salido takes the Juanma rematch unless Juanma can either adjust (ala gamboa) or drastically improve his defenses. Also, I think Juanma should be the one having at least one matchup before trying to regain his belt, as he clearly lost the first bout, and it would be a great way to see if he can improve in the ring.

Although props to Juanma for the immediate rematch, shows alot of heart and tenacity, but will it be enough?

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
        bow down to the Meskin glen johnson son

Comment

Respect lost

I have a very hard time respecting any boxer who has been caught cheating. I have no respect for Antonio Margarito, James Toney, and Shane Mosley, although Shane has always denied KNOWINGLY taking the banned substances. With that said, Salido makes the list of boxers I disdain for cheating. I don't care how good he looks in the ring. To me, the suspicion of cheating will always be there!

Comment

salido

Orlando Salido tested positive for drugs the first time he fought Guerrero but was then disputed because he took it to court and with a second test he came out clean. The fight was still named a No contest but he didn't get any suspension time, even tho the IBF stripped him of his tittle. Its all bull**** Salido is a clean fighter.

Comment

I don't understand how one writes an article stating that he tested positive but then fails to mention that the very next day Salido took a test administered by a highly regarded organization and was cleared of any banned substance?

Comment

Originally posted by ChiTown2Diego View Post
                I don't understand how one writes an article stating that he tested positive but then fails to mention that the very next day Salido took a test administered by a highly regarded organization and was cleared of any banned substance?
                I dont even think it was relevant to mention either drug test at all.

Comment

Originally posted by caredjo View Post
                  No, let him do whatever he wants he's the champ. Most people would like to take an easy matchup before a big fight and even then Salido has earned his right to have this tune-up.

In fact, I think Salido takes the Juanma rematch unless Juanma can either adjust (ala gamboa) or drastically improve his defenses. Also, I think Juanma should be the one having at least one matchup before trying to regain his belt, as he clearly lost the first bout, and it would be a great way to see if he can improve in the ring.

Although props to Juanma for the immediate rematch, shows alot of heart and tenacity, but will it be enough?
                  I am a fan of Juanma but I dont think he could adjust anything. He always go back to the same old Juanma.

Comment

Originally posted by oc9979 View Post
                    I dont even think it was relevant to mention either drug test at all.
                    I got you, but the point is if you do mention the initial test how then do you proceed to not disclose that there was subsequent test taken?

Comment

Working...
                    X