No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao: The Most Overrated Fighter of All Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thoughtsss View Post
    I agree that Manny is the most overrated fighter in boxing history, I've been saying that for a while now. I do agree with most of the article but not all. IMO Manny has never beat an elite fighter in there prime without a stupid catchweight. Manny beats Marquez unimpressively but we all know he lost the fight(all 3). He beats Morales after Morales had already lost to a guy by the name of Zahir Raheem right before. He beats Barrera who had already had 61 fights under him and who has already been through battles with Morales. He beat a toothpick DeLaHoya who hadn't fought at that weight since 2000. He beat a zero defense Hatton after Floyd beat him and while Hatton looked like shlt in his comeback fight. Yea he beat Cotto but to bad the fight was at catchweight 145, here's Manny's thoughts on Cotto making that weight: http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/...ome-with-cotto . I could go on about Clottey, Shane, and Margarita but you already know the deal. My thing is if everyone says Manny is #1 pfp he should be fighting the best fighters out there legitly, and he hasn't. Why are you fighting Clottey, Mosley, and Margarita for? Did they EARN those fights with the supposed #1? When your Champion people should EARN the right to fight you.
    You still MAD that Pacquiao whopped Cotto's a**.

Comment

I agree that Manny is the most overrated fighter in boxing history, I've been saying that for a while now. I do agree with most of the article but not all. IMO Manny has never beat an elite fighter in there prime without a stupid catchweight. Manny beats Marquez unimpressively but we all know he lost the fight(all 3). He beats Morales after Morales had already lost to a guy by the name of Zahir Raheem right before. He beats Barrera who had already had 61 fights under him and who has already been through battles with Morales. He beat a toothpick DeLaHoya who hadn't fought at that weight since 2000. He beat a zero defense Hatton after Floyd beat him and while Hatton looked like shlt in his comeback fight. Yea he beat Cotto but to bad the fight was at catchweight 145, here's Manny's thoughts on Cotto making that weight: http://www.thesweetscience.com/news/...ome-with-cotto . I could go on about Clottey, Shane, and Margarita but you already know the deal. My thing is if everyone says Manny is #1 pfp he should be fighting the best fighters out there legitly, and he hasn't. Why are you fighting Clottey, Mosley, and Margarita for? Did they EARN those fights with the supposed #1? When your Champion people should EARN the right to fight you.
      Seriouly you are an idiot sir. Pac has 3 losses, he is past now? Barrera won his last 8 fights before the Pac fight and won his next 6 fights after the Pac fight. By the the age of 24 before Arum came to the picture. Pac was already a 3 division champ, 2 lineal champ and a champ at the age of 19. You think those achievements are just for fun?

Comment

• I guess so.

Comment

• Haters gonna hate.. 3 time FOY, Fighter of the Decade, 4 time lineal champ in 4 different weight class, P4P king (2008 - present).. You cant just make this **** up whatever excuse you throw on the table..lol..

Comment

• Who next?!?!?1

Mayweathers next!

Comment

• Originally posted by mikemurni View Post
              Haters gonna hate.. 3 time FOY, Fighter of the Decade, 4 time lineal champ in 4 different weight class, P4P king (2008 - present).. You cant just make this **** up whatever excuse you throw on the table..lol..
              this and haters gonna hate

Comment

• If it is coming from Windsor-Sanchez, then it is true.

Comment

• Originally posted by straightleft View Post
                  Seriouly you are an idiot sir. Pac has 3 losses, he is past now? Barrera won his last 8 fights before the Pac fight and won his next 6 fights after the Pac fight. By the the age of 24 before Arum came to the picture. Pac was already a 3 division champ, 2 lineal champ and a champ at the age of 19. You think those achievements are just for fun?
                  Yea he was a real champion back then. Manny couldn't even make weight for a title defense that he ended up getting KO'd in ironicly. Barrera had been boxing for 14 years professionally already with 61 fights under him when he fought Manny. You can't possably think his body isn't broken down yet right? Again, my thing is if Manny is a Champion and #1 guy then fighters should have to earn the right to fight you period. You shouldn't be fighting people who aren't deserving when your the Champ, espescially fighting someone coming off a loss. What kind of Champion is that?
                  Last edited by Lords; 12-18-2011, 11:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
                    So much blatant misinformation in this article it's not even worth my time and effort to argue them all.
                    cosign.. i stop reading after marquez beat pac 10 rounds to 2..

Comment

Yea he was a real champion back then. Manny couldn't even make weight for a title defense that he ended up getting KO'd in ironicly. Barrera had been boxing for 14 years professionally already with 61 fights under him when he fought Manny. You can't possably think his body isn't broken down yet right? Again, my thing is if Manny is a Champion and #1 guy then fighters should have to earn the right to fight you period. You shouldn't be fighting people who aren't deserving when your the Champ, espescially fighting someone coming off a loss. What kind of Champion is that?
                      Really this guy. smh

Comment

Working...
                      X