No announcement yet.

A smarter Khan... Unbeatable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seriously.

Khan = Zab + good heart + good stamina but bad chin.

Comment

A smarter Khan??? Fighters like Khan don't get smarter, they change up for a couple fights then fall back to what they know, panic, and get destroyed! Only reason he keeps getting fights is cause he can't stop yapping to the media.

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
        seriously.

Khan = Zab + good heart + good stamina but bad chin.
        No, no, no. . . Not even close. . .

Their styles, and abilities are not even remotely similar. Aside from the fact that they both have quick hands, the similarities end there.

Like I pointed out in my earlier post, Khan lacks the ability to transition from offense to defense, and vice versa; he lacks the ability to stay in the pocket, slip/pick off shots, and counterpunch. . This is actually one of the dynamics, and main strengths of Judah's game. Judah's defense is based around his head/upper-body movement, while Khan completely lacks this. Judah is fluid, and more natural, while Khan is stiffer, but faster.

Khan has to totally commit himself to offense, which consists of coming straight in, throwing combinations - it is what leads to him getting caught. Or, he has to totally commit himself to his defense (or really, lack thereof) - he is either standing stationary with the earmuffs on absorbing shots, or he's on his bicycle pedaling around the ring, dictating range to avoid the other boxer from engaging him.

Judah is actually able to stand in the pocket, and slip shots, and fire back with clean counters. He has fairly good head/upper-body movement.

Essentially, Khan relies on combinations, while Judah relies on hard, clean single shots - often off the counterpunch.

But yes, Khan has incredible stamina - his style of boxing is very taxing, and exhausting. Utilizing your feet to constantly move, and skeet around the ring is just as energy-sapping as firing off combinations. And of course Judah lacks stamina. . . Also, Khan does have heart for days, while Judah has no heart. none.
        Last edited by UglyPug; 12-08-2012, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
          No, no, no. . . Not even close. . .

Their styles, and abilities are not even remotely similar. Aside from the fact that they both have quick hands, the similarities end there.

Like I pointed out in my earlier post, Khan lacks the ability to transition from offense to defense, and vice versa; he lacks the ability to stay in the pocket, slip/pick off shots, and counterpunch. . This is actually one of the dynamics, and main strengths of Judah's game. Judah's defense is based around his head/upper-body movement, while Khan completely lacks this.

Judah is actually able to stand in the pocket, and slip shots, and fire back with clean counters. He has fairly good head/upper-body movement.

Essentially, Khan relies on combinations, while Judah relies on hard, clean single shots - often off the counterpunch.

But yes, Khan has incredible stamina - his style of boxing is very taxing, and exhausting. Utilizing your feet to constantly move, and skeet around the ring is just as energy-sapping as firing off combinations. And of course Judah lacks stamina. . . Also, Khan does have heart for days, while Judah has no heart. none.
          Judah's D obviously forgot to show up against Khan. Are we talkin about CURRENT Judah or previous "peak" Judah if we can call it.

Comment

Not unbeatable but damn good. If he can be the Khan that boxed circles around Mallinaggi, that is a serious dude to reckon with. He also does not have a glass chin. he took punishing shots from guys like Maidana and didn't leave his feet, and Garcia's left hook is trouble for anyone.

No one is unbeatable, some just look that way because they avoid the biggest challenges or happen to be in a particularly weak era.

Comment

As long as his chin is garbage, he will always be beatable even if he gets smarter

Comment

As Khan has gone up in weight his chin has improved. He got caught by a good shot by Zab Judah who's a hard puncher but didnt flinch.Also the shot that floored him from Danny Garcia would have floored almost anyone.Even after the shot Khan was still fighting and there was a chance he could recover.

A good defense would improve Khan immensely. What a good defense does is make it hard for a hard shot to land clean.Let's not forget Khan is a hard puncher himself who can destroy anyone.I see a new version of Khan coming in his next fight,a thinking fighter who will be patient but very destructive.No one can doubt Khan's heart,the guy has balls and is willing to fight anyone.No one can doubt his speed and power and he's also very big at 140lbs.Khan is also exceptionally obedient to his trainers,he's a good kid as well.Khan's an excellent fighter who I expect to cause trouble to many fighters at 140lbs and 147.
                I do understand why some do not like him,it's because sometimes he talks a bit too much to sell fights but guys you got to love that kid.

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
                  Judah's D obviously forgot to show up against Khan. Are we talkin about CURRENT Judah or previous "peak" Judah if we can call it.

Haha yeah it definitely did. . Khan poses the biggest threat to guys like Judah, though. Guys like Judah, and Malignaggi who rely heavily on their speed, looked like slow-pokes against Khan. As far as I know, Malignaggi, nor Judah, have never been done like Khan did to them. . . Haha except Tsyzu making Judah do the chicken dance! But even Judah was being competitive in that fight before getting stoned.

Just in general, though, peak or current Judah isn't very similar at all to Khan regarding their styles, and skill-sets. The onyl real similarity I see is their speed. But while Judah seems more fluid, natural, and has better reflexes, Khan just has straight up, blazing fast "base-speed." Khan definitely doesn't have the reflexes and fluidity that a guy with such natural speed normally have.

But Judah still does have some fluid defense at times, and can roll with punches well at times. . . He can still stand strong in the pocket, and pick shots off, use head/body movement to make guys miss, and counterpunch.

Overall, Judah's base-defensive approach is to stay within punching range, and use head/upper-body movement to make opponents miss, and then counterpunch. Whereas Khan is stiff, and only means of defense are putting earmuffs on, or skeeting out of range with his fast feet.
                  Last edited by UglyPug; 12-08-2012, 03:37 AM.

Comment

A smarter Khan... Unbeatable?

Intelligence inside and outside the ring is not Amir Khan's strong suit. The guy is thick and just does not have the abilty to get smarter. The best you will get out of him is that he sticks to orders and listens to Hunter but become a thinker no way.
                    A smarter Khan... Unbeatable? It is a bit like saying a smarter ****** is not a ****** or if my aunt had balls she would be my uncle.
                    Khan has had ample time to demonstrate if he can think in the ring. Ring IQ is nothing new ,it is not a revelatiion. If he has not demonstrated the abilty to think in the ring by now he never will. The best you will see out of him is that he listens to Hunter between rounds and follows orders but think and get smarter no way.

Comment

The question to ask yourselves is this:

Can Wladimir recover from his brutal knock out defeats if

1- He was in an era of massive punchers:among the Lennoxes, the Ruddocks, the Tuas, the Tysons of the 90's

2- If he was 6'2 instead of 6'6

3- If he didn't have one punch KO Power.

The answer is no.

Wladimir glass boy is able to become a top 15 HW ATG because his era lacked elite punchers. After Sanders, He realistically only fought 2, PETER I and Haye. Against Peter I he was down 2 times and was in serious trouble at varoius times during that fight. Haye was a big puncher, but had a glass heart for that fight. Wlad is also 6'6 245 which means he can use his physical attributes to protect his glass chin.

Perhaps most important of all, Wladimir himself just like Lennox have true one punch KO Power, this is a great protection for weak chin fighters. When you got that one punch KO POWER, it takes away a lot of pressure.

Khan is in a division full of big punchers, he don't have massive physical advantages AND don't got elite KO Power.

Comment

Working...
                      X