No announcement yet.

I Think Floyd Is In A Tough Spot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if Pacquiao can gets away from Arum this fight gets done

don't know if and when his deal with Arum Expires but it is a good chance that we won't see that fight as long as Arum is Pacquiao's Promoter

I know many of you probably wasn't watching boxing then, but Arum tried to do the exact same thing with Mayweather and De La Hoya, Arum did not want to work with Oscar again after Oscar left Top Rank, so Mayweather left Top Rank to go fight Oscar so who knows maybe Pacquiao will do the same

but it is becoming pretty obvious that the REAL HOLD UP IS BOB ARUM IMO!

Comment

floyd is on a tough spot very very tough spot

because now people starting to not buy floyd's trick or trick

they aint gonna wait for floyds long arse vacation and get a suckerpunch

even *****s wasnt able to ej@culate watching floyd on that fight because of how disapointing and short it was

floyd came out of a long arse vacation and pick this class C fighter and suckerpunch it to get a win

floyd realize his PPV cash cow name is in jeopardy if he fight another fighter that aint pac or martinez

he needs to quit whining about his OST ****

i want him to fight pac with STEROIDS in his mind so his gonna piss on his short when in the same ring with pac
      probably faint inside the ring from too much fear he might get killed

Comment

Sure, there was some rust in the first couple rounds, but by the 3rd you could see Floyd seperate himself from Ortiz. The guy just came off 16 months of no fights, with a young Ortiz in his prime, who out weighed him by 14 lbs, and who is at an all-time high in confidence, and was clearly winning the fight.

Yes, Floyd can't take anymore periods off like that, it will catch up. Floyd is not in his "prime" anymore (2000-2007), but he is still really good. It's been in two years intervals where I have Floyd slow slightly. He was still in his latter prime in 2007, but after the 2 years off, he wasn't quite the same against Marquez. He was still really great, but not quite prime. He looked the same in the Mosley fight, but after another 16 months off, he didn't look quite the sazme against Ortiz. He still looked really good, but not quite the same. So, I say Floyd will probably slow down slightly again by 2013. That reason alone is why he and Pac need to fight in 2012.

In my honest opinion, Floyd should have fought in 2008, instead of take time off. I understand he had injured hands and all, but he should have fought that year. Also, I think he should have fought again in 2010. After beating Mosley, he should have fought Berto. Pac was busy fighting a way past it Margarito, and I would have liked to see him fight then undefeated Berto in December 2010. He wouldn't have been inactive and it would have been a pretty good win on his resume. But, Ortiz ended up beating Berto and he beat Ortiz anyway.

If Manny agrees to be randomly tested with no specific cutoff, the fight will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by UmissUpay View Post
          floyd is on a tough spot very very tough spot

because now people starting to not buy floyd's trick or trick

they aint gonna wait for floyds long arse vacation and get a suckerpunch

even *****s wasnt able to ej@culate watching floyd on that fight because of how disapointing and short it was

floyd came out of a long arse vacation and pick this class C fighter and suckerpunch it to get a win

floyd realize his PPV cash cow name is in jeopardy if he fight another fighter that aint pac or martinez

he needs to quit whining about his OST ****

i want him to fight pac with STEROIDS in his mind so his gonna piss on his short when in the same ring with pac
          probably faint inside the ring from too much fear he might get killed
          Floyd PPV cash cow name is in jeopardy???? He just sold 1.25 million PPV's with Ortiz, the same # that Manny sold against De La Hoya and Cotto....

Floyd fought Ortiz, coming off 5 wins and a draw he should have won, in his prime, and coming off a huge win over then unbeaten Berto. Who is Manny fighting???? A past prime Marquez, who was already dominated over 2 years ago at 144 by Floyd. Ortiz was clearly the best option at Welterweight, besides Pac and Floyd themselves.

Comment

he's never in a tough spot...the retirement-escape route is always available...wont be surprised if he decided to take another 15months off

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
              Floyd PPV cash cow name is in jeopardy???? He just sold 1.25 million PPV's with Ortiz, the same # that Manny sold against De La Hoya and Cotto....

Floyd fought Ortiz, coming off 5 wins and a draw he should have won, in his prime, and coming off a huge win over then unbeaten Berto. Who is Manny fighting???? A past prime Marquez, who was already dominated over 2 years ago at 144 by Floyd. Ortiz was clearly the best option at Welterweight, besides Pac and Floyd themselves.
              1.25m and that was together with
              morales, and alvares and on mexican on independence day?
              really impressive floyd

trust me if floyd ppv undercards aint got those excitting fighters to cover up for his run and dont get hit style he aint drawing ****

yup ortiz was the best pick to trick people
              somehow they made ortiz looks like a threat after knockout berto who?
              oh wait it wasnt a KO

Comment

Originally posted by 4CornersKid View Post
                Sure, there was some rust in the first couple rounds, but by the 3rd you could see Floyd seperate himself from Ortiz. The guy just came off 16 months of no fights, with a young Ortiz in his prime, who out weighed him by 14 lbs, and who is at an all-time high in confidence, and was clearly winning the fight.

Yes, Floyd can't take anymore periods off like that, it will catch up. Floyd is not in his "prime" anymore (2000-2007), but he is still really good. It's been in two years intervals where I have Floyd slow slightly. He was still in his latter prime in 2007, but after the 2 years off, he wasn't quite the same against Marquez. He was still really great, but not quite prime. He looked the same in the Mosley fight, but after another 16 months off, he didn't look quite the sazme against Ortiz. He still looked really good, but not quite the same. So, I say Floyd will probably slow down slightly again by 2013. That reason alone is why he and Pac need to fight in 2012.

In my honest opinion, Floyd should have fought in 2008, instead of take time off. I understand he had injured hands and all, but he should have fought that year. Also, I think he should have fought again in 2010. After beating Mosley, he should have fought Berto. Pac was busy fighting a way past it Margarito, and I would have liked to see him fight then undefeated Berto in December 2010. He wouldn't have been inactive and it would have been a pretty good win on his resume. But, Ortiz ended up beating Berto and he beat Ortiz anyway.

If Manny agrees to be randomly tested with no specific cutoff, the fight will happen.
                When Im talking about Floyd rust, Im talking about Pac-Martinez. Floyd is special so he's always going to look good and he was sharpe against Ortiz but these 2 fights will be mad hard and you want to be at the best level you can be. I dont mean that he struggled or was shakey. He wasnt at all. I just mean that you want him 100% crisp and have no worries about stuff like that.

Floyd was doing great and you could tell he was turning it up like he always does but then it ended. If he wouldve gotten those extra few rounds in, I think they wouldve felt much better going forward. Camp & sparring is great but its nothing like being in a real fight, espically when you are fighting the super elite like Sergio & Pac. You just dont wanna get caught early or maybe have him take 6 rounds to get going & adjust to them where maybe normally it may take him 2 or 3

Comment

Originally posted by UmissUpay View Post
                  1.25m and that was together with
                  morales, and alvares and on mexican on independence day?
                  really impressive floyd

trust me if floyd ppv undercards aint got those excitting fighters to cover up for his run and dont get hit style he aint drawing ****

yup ortiz was the best pick to trick people
                  somehow they made ortiz looks like a threat after knockout berto who?
                  oh wait it wasnt a KO
                  By your reasoning, those Latin Fury cards should be the highest grossing ppv events ever. You're going to extremes to discredit Floyd. You're giving the 1.25 million credit to Alvares?? The same Morales who probably hasn't fought on PPV since G.W. Bush's first term?? You're the epitome of a hater.

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
                    Can you tell me what is the difference between what PBF just did the other day and what Arum/ Top Rank did by posting a deadline clock and telling PBF the fight date of Nov. 13, 2010 and the 2 venues for the fight MGM or Texas.

Please tell me the difference!
                    Very little difference, but its a poor analogy because the clock and 2 venues didnt work. I suspect this wont either.

Comment

Originally posted by junior gong View Post
                      Very little difference, but its a poor analogy because the clock and 2 venues didnt work. I suspect this wont either.
                      Its not really a poor analogy cause its just showing peoples bias. How can people hate on what PBF did but not give a **** that Arum just pulled this same **** last year? Just be fair is all I am saying. It probably won't work but it may at least get them to the table and let them either get it right or **** it up again.

Comment

Working...
                      X