Collapse
No announcement yet.

Top 5 most significant bouts in Bernard Hopkin's career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 5 guys that facked him in his @$$ hole on cell block D, I'm sorry I don't know their names but I'm betting there was a tyrone in there somewhere...

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
      This guy has had so many big fights throughout his career, it's hard to determine which was more important than the other.

In your opinion, whether he won or lost, what are your top 5 most significant bouts in Bernard Hopkin's career?
      01. Tito - no question about that - the most significant for him... this was absolute prime Hopkins and closed his performance with a KO...

02. Pascal - have to go with that because with that win he will always be remembered as the oldest man who won a significant title...

03. Tarver - most def. impressive to move up in weight and beat the best Light Heavy at the time in dominating fashion...

04. G. Johnson - some sort of win that at first doesn't looked too impressive but gotten more impressive with time... not in that BIG of a way like the Nelson win for Sanchez but still... Glen gives everyone a hard and competive fight... Hopkins was really great in this one and knocked him out...

05. I leave the 5th spot open till he retires... I have a feeling that he may add another accomplishment to it (and I'm not talking about Chad :-) - if not I have to go with either Pavlik, Mercado I or Taylor I

DLH doesn't make the cut for me - probably it was Hopkins biggest PPV but somehow I even sometimes forget that he even beat DLH - IDK why, but this win really ain't has a big significance to me... DLH ain't looked good against Sturm and I think was already at the end of his career... Tito at least looked good in his MW bouts prior to Hopkins...

Comment

1. Tito Trinidad
        2. Kelly Pavlik
        3. Jean Pascal II
        4. Antonio Tarver
        5. Winky Wright

Comment

1) Felix Trinidad
          2) Oscar De La Hoya
          3) Jean Pascal
          4) Kelly Pavlik
          5) Antonio Tarver

Each win basically resurrected his career at a time when it seemed like he was fading.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
            Who exactly if the HW division is a division itself. Hmmm.
            Glad you knew who I was talking about......still doesnt take away from the fact that they outweigh there opponents by a lot on fight night....not to mention the like of Byrd, Adamek, Haye have all fought at lower weight classes......which was essentially your point.....

Comment

Originally posted by -KPB- View Post
              Glad you knew who I was talking about......still doesnt take away from the fact that they outweigh there opponents by a lot on fight night....not to mention the like of Byrd, Adamek, Haye have all fought at lower weight classes......which was essentially your point.....
              Don't blame me man. Blame the ones who made boxing divisions.

Besides, it's easy because those 3 were already established decently at HW, unlike most of the guys who came UP to face Hopkins.

I know you like to troll me and I love talking to you because you make me laugh but you should already gotten the point when Domination owned you with the weight/height theory. You just don't learn do you?

Comment

Don't blame me man. Blame the ones who made boxing divisions.

Besides, it's easy because those 3 were already established decently at HW, unlike most of the guys who came UP to face Hopkins.

I know you like to troll me and I love talking to you because you make me laugh but you should already gotten the point when Domination owned you with the weight/height theory. You just don't learn do you?
                When was this?....I have no recollection of this.......

Remind me of Haye's resume at HW.......furthermore, you ****ted on Hagler resume when the guy he had beat also established themselves more at Middleweight.......

You tell me, who established themselves more at Midlleweight/Heavyweight..........Hearns/Duran or Adamek/Haye

Your point essentially is that anyone who's resume is built on facing undersized guys is overrated...so Im shocked that you rate the Klits so highly.....but your quick to down Hopkins and Hagler.......

Comment

Jones 1-After that he went on a tear,seemed like he refused to lose after that

2-Pascal-46 beating a 29 year old to be the olds not only title holder but lineal champion in history

3-Tito great fight put him on the map

4-Tarver-after loses(i thought he won)to Taylor he jumped up 2 divisions and beat the hell out of the ring champ

5-Pavlik-his expression after the fight looking at the media says it all

Comment

Originally posted by -KPB- View Post
                    When was this?....I have no recollection of this.......

Remind me of Haye's resume at HW.......furthermore, you ****ted on Hagler resume when the guy he had beat also established themselves more at Middleweight.......

You tell me, who established themselves more at Midlleweight/Heavyweight..........Hearns/Duran or Adamek/Haye

Your point essentially is that anyone who's resume is built on facing undersized guys is overrated...so Im shocked that you rate the Klits so highly.....but your quick to down Hopkins and Hagler.......
                    Lol you always have to bring up silly questions and if I answer them, you will continue to ask for more and more and more. It's like you can't get enough. lol

Yea I **** on Hagler at Middleweight. And? But it's really silly to ask about being established with Adamek/Haye considering they are still fighting.

I just told you moron, don't blame me, blame the ones who made the divisions up. They all fight at HW, established themselves AT HW and a lot of Klit's opponents have weighed more or around their same weight. I also told you the Adamek fight isn't what people make it to be, but since you're not satisfied, you keep trying to flip it and flip it to where it makes it seem I'm exposing myself to make you feel good.

Comment

1. someone smaller that he outweighs by much on fight night
                      2. someone coming up 10+ pounds

3. another one coming up 10+ pounds
                      4. Tarver
                      5. Pascal

Done!!
                      you talking bout margo??cause he outweighs most people he fights and fought a man 17 pounds smaller.....except HE got put in the hospital

Comment

Working...
                      X