Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sorry but...how the **** is Joe Cortez a referee?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mojack View Post
    Some ****** posted this GIF animation in another thread, what grabbed my attention wasn't Calzaghe's windmill...... but the deliberate headbutt by Hopkins.

Now watch Cortez carefully, he had a birds eye view of the headbutt and didn't say ****??? WTF? this is the first time I've seen this.

He doesn't have the pleasure of instant replay. I didn't even realise this until someone made the GIF.

Comment

That gif was the fight in a nutshell for me

That butt doesn't look intentional at fight speed. In real time that would be a tough call for any ref to make. I can see it being deliberate, and I can see the head movement as Hopkin's anticipating what he thought was going to be a left hook and not some sloppy left to the body.

That potential foul was more on Cal there anyway. He amateurishly lunges jaw first into BHop on top of cluelessly fly swatting. Reckless.

Comment

I cant stop laughing all those wrestling sig pics lol

Comment

It annoys me how he still manages to get the big fights though, you reckon there's some corruption going on?

It wouldn't suprise me if he was getting back handers.

Fight fixing basically.

I don't think it's quite at that level, he just got a lotta experience in big fights so the commission gives him the benefit of the doubt, even tho he's blown important reffin assignments more than once.

Comment

Looks more like a head clash that Calaghe initiates. Hopkins just gets the better of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Haglerwins View Post
              That butt doesn't look intentional at fight speed. In real time that would be a tough call for any ref to make. I can see it being deliberate, and I can see the head movement as Hopkin's anticipating what he thought was going to be a left hook and not some sloppy left to the body.

That potential foul was more on Cal there anyway. He amateurishly lunges jaw first into BHop on top of cluelessly fly swatting. Reckless.
              I don't know about that clip but Hopkins, Holy and others are known for the use of their heads in fights. Cortez in my book is a ****ty reff. i saw the Hatton Vs Floyd and the Calzaghe vs Hopkins fight and I thought Joe was much worse in the Hatton fight. But the worst I have seen was when he stopped the Soto fight and ruled against him for hitting him while the opponent was down. That was a crappy call in my book.

Lets face it guys in this sport there is alot of money to be made and the judges the reffs aren't making the bulk of it so if someone waves some money around and says we are looking for this fighter to come out on top let's amke sure he has every advantage to do so and we will give you XXXXX...Guys like DOn King....ETC they have their reffs you follow what I am saying??

Lefty

Comment

Some ****** posted this GIF animation in another thread, what grabbed my attention wasn't Calzaghe's windmill...... but the deliberate headbutt by Hopkins.

Now watch Cortez carefully, he had a birds eye view of the headbutt and didn't say ****??? WTF? this is the first time I've seen this.

yeah joe suks but stop whinin, B-Hop didnt try 2 headbut him there. he ducked & keeps his chin 2 his chest & if u come forward u gonna get it cuz B-Hop is not movin it...& 4 joke-cal-slappy's windmill slaps, now that looks like an amature...
                Last edited by j.razor; 08-19-2008, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Cortez is a master of getting a fighters head and shoving it towards incoming punches. He is also a master at throwing fighters head first into the ring post.

His expertise is unrivaled.

Comment

Originally posted by R I Z O View Post
                    Cortez is a master of getting a fighters head and shoving it towards incoming punches. He is also a master at throwing fighters head first into the ring post.

His expertise is unrivaled.
                    I was thinking the same thing........Dude is a beast....(No ****) just to clarify i know theres a lot of wrestling pics going around....

Comment

Originally posted by jmah View Post
                      Looks more like a head clash that Calaghe initiates. Hopkins just gets the better of it.

Initiates how? By moving forward? It is what it is, and it is very plain to see.

Comment

Working...
                      X