No announcement yet.

The Superior Fighter: Prime Juan Manuel Marquez or prime Miguel Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    Just long enough for him to score one more win better than any in Tua's career.
    styles makes fights.

byrd was just wrong for tua.

ike got his ass whooped by tua.

ike is just overrated because he went to prison.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
      just because he gave pac's ass a tough time.

that's all his damn "greatness" is based on.

nedal hussein is great too then.

rustico torrecampo and medgoen singsurat are all time greats.
      JMM didn't just give Pac a tought time, he outpointed him in 24 rounds. Save your sugar coating for another fight.

Anyways, so if JMM is going to be in the HOF only because he gave Pacquiao "a tough time"...then surely Torrecampo and Singsurat are well on their way for knocking him out, you reckon?

Comment

Originally posted by xcaret v3 View Post
        thank you...

cotto still gets raped by margarito .
        i think so too.

either way at least marg gets a good payday.

Comment

Originally posted by Zarco View Post
          JMM didn't just give Pac a tought time, he outpointed him in 24 rounds. Save your sugar coating for another fight.

Anyways, so if JMM is going to be in the HOF only because he gave Pacquiao "a tough time"...then surely Torrecampo and Singsurat are well on their way for knocking him out, you reckon?
          i have no problem with someone saying jmm is hof.

he will get in eventually.

so is cotto though.

Comment

love both guys, and JMM is superior

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
              Some people don't remember JMM in his prime. I am from L.A and I remember watching JMM back in the Forum days in Inglewood. Beautiful skills. He was somewhat hard to hit clean. He could very well stink out a joint and be very defensive and very accurate with his punches. But, that style that he had was the reason why he wasn't embraced like MAB and EM. But, he was still very good. It was later when he was passed prime and lost a step that he became more offensive minded. i would say he was passed his prime in the Pac rematch. He was still a very good elite fighter but not in his prime.
              I find this laughable (this thread, not the above post, because this is right). People are obviously thinking the Marquez they have seen against Diaz, Mayweather and even Pac II is the prime version. It is not. In his prime, at 126, he was a much, much better fighter than Cotto could ever be. Go watch Marquez vs Manuel Medina for the prime version of Marquez. He did have good defensive skills, he was much faster than Cotto and had as good, if not better one punch power.

People will say Cotto is more powerful. Cotto would be stronger, not more powerful.

Overall, his skills are beyond Cotto's. Better stamina, better chin, defense, faster, could brawl and box as well as anyone.

Cotto?

Comment

JMM is superior, versatile boxer that can adapt to different styles whilst Cotto can't

Both are great though.

Comment

why don't they just fight to decide? in mayweather's world this would prove who is better.

Comment

Marquez put together those savage ass combos

Comment

Marquez is too one dimensional, no one is saying the guy couldn't brawl, counter, had heart, great skill, footwork or a slew of other things. The problem I see with Marquez is that without someone coming at him he's not much. He needs to be drawn into a fight. If we're looking at overall which I think people are getting at, Cotto's defense/boxing is simply far superior to what Marquez could do offensive, while the opposite is true the gap isn't as great. They had a lot of qualities I'd consider equal, but I'd give Cotto the edge.

And my wife reminded he drinks his piss and thats just nasty, so that doesn't help JMM at all.

Comment

Working...
                      X