Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux's Manager: HBO is Making a Huge Mistake!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RawDawgHasSpokn View Post
    Being able to box while backing up is not an easy feat and its hard to beat someone who's mastered it. Call it what you want but you can't say it isn't boxing.
    The problem is the lull between the engagements. I guess you could say guys like Rigo are sympathetic to the viewers' bathroom urges.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvellous1 View Post
      Even going so far as to tell guys who get in the ring, how they should fight.... from the safety of a keyboard! LOL
      Not how they should fight, just plain fight. You don't pay to see guys prancing around the ring. I could go watch ballet if that was the case.

Comment

• So, Zou *yawn* Shiming is a headliner and champion Rigondeaux can't get a fight? Pure unadulterated showbiz...nothing more and nothing less.

Comment

• Whether the supposed "boxing purists"on this site want to admit it or not. Rigo fights in an amateur style and it doesn't sell. HBO is in the business of making money they know that Rigo won't make them any money he gets paid too much and delivers nothing, it's that simple.

The people who pay for tickets and buy the pay per view or as the dumbasses on this site call them "casuals" won't pay for his fights. "Most of the so called "boxing purists" or "true boxing fans" are the dumb broke motherfuk3rs who spend the whole day begging for streams. Maybe Rigo will take his payment in streams and all ten of the Rigo fans on this site can get to watch professional olympic type boxing for 12 rounds without headgear.

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeKidd View Post
            Not how they should fight, just plain fight. You don't pay to see guys prancing around the ring. I could go watch ballet if that was the case.
            Was Nonito the one who didn't engage or Rigo. For me Nonito wanted at the first round and when feel the power then didn't engaged anymore. On twelve Donaire was on retreat all the round and he was lucky that he was in front of a pure athlete who respected the integrity of the adversary. Did you saw the fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by ramblingalp View Post
              So, Zou *yawn* Shiming is a headliner and champion Rigondeaux can't get a fight? Pure unadulterated showbiz...nothing more and nothing less.
              A headliner for whom Zapata? Outside of 10 billion Chinese?

Comment

• Originally posted by ramblingalp View Post
                So, Zou *yawn* Shiming is a headliner and champion Rigondeaux can't get a fight? Pure unadulterated showbiz...nothing more and nothing less.
                I agree, but unlike Rigo Shiming has got a fanbase of billions of chinese people willing to pay to watch him.

Comment

• Originally posted by racostaa View Post
                  Was Nonito the one who didn't engage or Rigo. For me Nonito wanted at the first round and when feel the power then didn't engaged anymore. On twelve he was on retreat all the round and he has an pure athlete who respected the integrity of the adversary, but Donaire went back. Did you saw the fight?
                  Donaire was done after the shot. The fight was interesting when there were engagements. But Donaire had to search out the man like a fool. Donaire was as much fool as Pacquiao. These Filipinos don't seem to have a strategy to tackle back-peddlers. How about just standing in the middle of the ring and wait!

Comment

• Cubans don't have TV, so outside the 10 fans of back-peddlers, seems like Rigo is out of luck! Now if he could do back summersaults...

Comment

• Originally posted by JoeKidd View Post
                      A headliner for whom Zapata? Outside of 10 billion Chinese?
                      ...and a worldwide HBO audience

Comment

Working...
                      X