• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
    No problem,people just complain just to complain
    People complain, because they hate.

Comment

What fight should Broner be taking right now?

Comment

Like Burns, Rees is a top 10 LW. If Broner doesn't fight them before moving up, **** fans much like the pactarts will claim that he ducked them years later.

Much like they attempt to say about Hatton at JWW or Hoya and Mosley before they got "old".. when it comes to Floyd lol

Broner is cleaning **** up before he moves up. He needs to hurry up because nobody currently fighting at 135 and below beats him. He needs to be fighting the top 140-147 guys. These two Euro bums is just garbage waiting to be taken out. Hopefully Burns will take the fight vs Broner in May/Sep, if not 50 better let Gamboa jump in.
        Last edited by WESS; 01-09-2013, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
          Most people think burns is the better fighter. I mean he was given the chance and turned it down. Not Broner's fault.
          No its not Broners fault. but to add them up on paper...they both have almost the same set up! Both are feather fisted. And their record is similar ! The height is the biggest difference, and opposition faced isnt that much difference!
          Both from the UK! I think Broners teams pick of Rees is more of a challenge than Burns! By a very thin margin!

Comment

Originally posted by DIB420 View Post
            This is my line of thinking as well. Broner was going to be the draw in any of the fights mentioned by anyone so far. He'll look unbeatable again to the general public and that'll probably set up a money fight for May. Its a management move IMO. Not a bad one, but shouldn't be a headlining premium cable fight. (actually thats debatable with some of the garbage fights they put on premium channels.) Last year was a good year for premium cable fights though, hopefully they'll improve on that, and not revert to years back where it was always Superstar vs Bum to build future PPV fights.
            I agree with that.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
              Burns...Rees....whats the difference!
              If you don't know you'll never know.

Originally posted by project xxx1 View Post
              Rees wont win but will give Broner a good fight

he will do a lot better than Demarco
              No. He won't.

Its a stay busy fight. He crushed Demarco who most "geniuses" thought was gonna be a fight. I'm not a huge fan of a guy being pressured into moving up in weight too quickly though 140 has better comp. He's moving just fine.

Comment

Plus keep in mind that he might be making a quick turnaround and fighting again in May. Donaire fights ranked opponents and he won fighter of the year. Broner is doing the same thing and is getting ****ted on.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                  If you don't know you'll never know.

No. He won't.

Its a stay busy fight. He crushed Demarco who most "geniuses" thought was gonna be a fight. I'm not a huge fan of a guy being pressured into moving up in weight too quickly though 140 has better comp. He's moving just fine.
                  I almost put money on Demarco. I always thought he was underrated and thought he could be the one to expose broner. That was a solid test for Broner and he not only passed, he blew through him and made Tony look like a tomato can.

Other than Abril or Vasquez, who is ranked that could possibly be a tougher challenge than Demarco?

Comment

Broner could be fighting Sergio freakin Martinez and people would still find a way to spin it negatively.

Comment

Originally posted by El C@cique@PR View Post
                      Why is broner fighting this stiff??

It doesn't makes sense financially, it lower Broners stock win or lose, plus no body is demanding it.

He could have fought, Vazque, Linares or simply jump to 140.

Whats your take guys??
                      Because a fighters got to fight. Broners team and promoter wanted Burns, money issues prevented the fight it seems. His promoter got him another opponent so he could keep his HBO date. Simple.
                      Why would he jump to 140? You don't make a huge change to your career, switching weight classes because you couldn't get one fighter.
                      I'd argue that it lowers the fighters stock. Many fighters take on a lesser opponent from time to time. The stock of the world class fighter rarely goes down unless he loses or shows a huge flaw.

Comment

Working...
                      X