Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Some Asian dude Rang my House phone today saying he was from Microsoft and asked me..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Asian dude Rang my House phone today saying he was from Microsoft and asked me..

To do some stuff on my computer,
    Some how he knew I had a laptop and asked me to Open up Internet Explorer as he was going to talk me through some procedures,
    In order to stop a new Virus going around?

I hung up the phone three times,
    First time I told him, "My computer has no been effected by any Virus and I do not use Internet Explorer."
    Second time he rang he told me "Sir this is very Important," I explained to him "I am perfectly okay with my Laptop at the moment," I asked him how he got my number and he hung up.....

Then the idiot rang me back again, So I said, "Listen Boy, I'm not going to take your instructions and talk me through my Computer settings, So tell me what I have to do and I will write it down and do it later."
    He told me "It didn't work that way," and told me "His supervisor would call in the morning with more info."

Something very sketchy about that, is this a scam going around or what?
    Has this happened to anyone else?

dont do anything they will tell you with your computer, they might be hackers..post the instructions here if they call back

Comment

Originally posted by MONEY 32 View Post
      Some how he knew I had a laptop and asked me to Open up Internet Explorer as he was going to talk me through some procedures,

First time I told him, "My computer has no been effected by any Virus and I do not use Internet Explorer."
      Second time he rang he told me "Sir this is very Important," I explained to him "I am perfectly okay with my Laptop at the moment," I asked him how he got my number and he hung up.....

Then the idiot rang me back again, So I said, "Listen Boy, I'm not going to take your instructions and talk me through my Computer settings, So tell me what I have to do and I will write it down and do it later."
      He told me "It didn't work that way," and told me "His supervisor would call in the morning with more info."

Why would he bother doing that when windows is so easy to compromise from viruses and malware?

Comment

maybe it's him

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHat View Post
          dont do anything they will tell you with your computer, they might be hackers..post the instructions here if they call back
          If he calls back I will try record the conversation, I have done some research online and it seems like these guys have been doing this since July of this year...

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
            Why would he bother doing that when windows is so easy to compromise from viruses and malware?
            This is not the nsb with pac and mayweather, pleasr take your anti pc attitude to a geek forum where they can atleast defend the Pc. yes we know, u havent had a virus for 24 years and the os is like havig sex with a tught girl who had the experience of a whore. I have an ipod and i phone, i am not a hater, but please donot post in any topics that talk about viruses

Comment

what exactly did he want? You don't have to listen to anything he tells you, its not like he was ordering you around

Comment

Originally posted by iBreakbeat View Post
                Dude seriously your obsession with Mac is ******ed and embrassing at this stage,
                I don't care.

Comment

Originally posted by D.I.E.S.E.L View Post
                  what exactly did he want? You don't have to listen to anything he tells you, its not like he was ordering you around
                  He got my Dad on the phone first time he called,
                  Luckily I was at home at the time cause my dad don't know anything about computers and would of ****ed it all up....

He just said that there was vicious viruses on my computer and that he had to talk me threw cleaning them out before they would spread...

Comment

Dude seriously your obsession with Mac is ******ed and embrassing at this stage,
                    I don't care.
                    I agree, I didn't take it serious from the threads he made but now he just looks like a hater. I've never used nor do i like Mac but I won't talk shit about it cause I don't care that much.

Comment

Working...
                    X