Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roach: "Mayweather NEVER left the gym, he trained the entire time"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pbf retired to avoid mosly, cotto and margarito.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
      PBF only retired so people would stop telling him to fight people and he wouldnt have to make excuses for why he wasnt fighting SSM or Cotto!
      But its not a proper retirement in that he was training like a pro boxer. I bet in the 2 years he had off he was putting in more hours training than Pac.
      Just not fighting anyone.
      And I bet your an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
        I already knew this.

He's bigger, his biceps are way bigger, and he was as dried out as ever making 147 against Marquez.

I've been saying it over and over, Mayweather retired to build muscle for the bigger welterweights and so Ellerbe can have more to rub on.
        this post was good until you threw the Ellerbe stuff in...

I dont get whats up with people and **** gossip?

Anyways I agree he packed on muscle to fight the bigger fighters

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
          I already knew this.

He's bigger, his biceps are way bigger, and he was as dried out as ever making 147 against Marquez.

I've been saying it over and over, Mayweather retired to build muscle for the bigger welterweights and so Ellerbe can have more to rub on.
          Originally posted by z0jo View Post

very accurate observations.

Comment

Originally posted by z0jo View Post
            This is NOT fact

merely message board rhetoric...

Comment

Originally posted by Easy Work View Post
              "Mayweather is a great fighter and the retirement was just to make his price go up. He's just playing games. He never left the gym - he trained the whole time. He's not going to retire for a long time." ---Freddie Roach

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...735272,00.html
              floyd went into retirement so margo and cotto would ruin each other, that way he wouldn't have to fight them.

Comment

Why you choose to be confrontational IDK. I never said I believed what he said..I was merely posting what I found on the Sky Sports site.

No Big deal
                oopppps, My bad of course you're just emulating *****weather's inconsistentencies.

Comment

this post was good until you threw the Ellerbe stuff in...

I dont get whats up with people and **** gossip?

Anyways I agree he packed on muscle to fight the bigger fighters
                  It was a joke.

It was obvious to me by just looking at his arms, he had at least been lifting weight when he was off. I didn't know he stayed sparring and boxing training, but it's believable since he didn't lose his overall speed and wasn't rusty at all.

Comment

"Mayweather is a great fighter and the retirement was just to make his price go up. He's just playing games. He never left the gym - he trained the whole time. He's not going to retire for a long time." ---Freddie Roach

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...735272,00.html
                    this is one quote by roach that i agree with. While resting his body was a reason for taking a break I think the biggest reason for taking a break was to allow a big money fight to materialize like say ummmmmm... pacquioa

Comment

Originally posted by Talisayen View Post
                      oopppps, My bad of course you're just emulating *****weather's inconsistentencies.
                      I am so unaware what you are referring too

Comment

Working...
                      X