Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC has TONS of money in the bank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's good. We're going to see more mismatches then. For free. Can't complain. It's not my money that's being burned.

Comment

Originally posted by PKing View Post
      Isn't it hilarious that so many media clowns were speculating that PBC spent over $400 million in less than a year based on a stupid Reddit post.

Now this new lawsuit against W&R states that PBC was backed with not $500 million but $925 million!

The writing is on the wall, PBC is just getting started.

HBO Boxing is fading and will fade at an alarming pace with so many sub-par PPV events and mismatches.
      Dunno about that my man. Most startups take 3-5 years to start really making money. Their entire budget was 925MM, in one year they spent 400MM, leaving them approximately 525MM. That means they spent 43% of their entire startup fund in 1 single year.

I know it sounds like they have "tons" of money but in two year's time, they will be left with 12% of their initial nestegg. If they grow anymore in number, their expenses will only continue to increase and further offset any gains their profits may provide.

In 3 years, if they continue at this pace, they will have spent over 1.2BB dollars.

It's like I said when they started this whole thing....."That's a lot of mouths to feed".

Comment

"PBC has TONS of money in the bank".

We are very happy to learn that. I couldn't sleep at nights...

Originally posted by mathed View Post
        ... Most startups take 3-5 years to start really making money. ...[/I]
        ... Most "revolutionary" startups have an exit plan for the next 3-5 years...

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
          Dunno about that my man. Most startups take 3-5 years to start really making money. Their entire budget was 925MM, in one year they spent 400MM, leaving them approximately 525MM. That means they spent 43% of their entire startup fund in 1 single year.

I know it sounds like they have "tons" of money but in two year's time, they will be left with 12% of their initial nestegg. If they grow anymore in number, their expenses will only continue to increase and further offset any gains their profits may provide.

In 3 years, if they continue at this pace, they will have spent over 1.2BB dollars.

It's like I said when they started this whole thing....."That's a lot of mouths to feed".
          Only people with zero business sense believe PBC spent $400 million in one year. If you ask those idiots where they spent the money, they just sit there drooling with no answer.

They probably burned through $150 million including their 3 year time buys. They might lose an average of $1 million per show. At 50 shows that's only a net loss of $50 million per year. They have PLENTY of cash to float themselves.

Comment

Lets be honest. None of us really know what's going on with the PBC. We don't have access to their financial statements. We see what they're valued at, but we can't see how much cash they have in the bank. We thought they had around 500 million, but now we're seeing $900 million.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
              Lets be honest. None of us really know what's going on with the PBC. We don't have access to their financial statements. We see what they're valued at, but we can't see how much cash they have in the bank. We thought they had around 500 million, but now we're seeing $900 million.
              We can make educated guesses on how much they spend for time buys, purses, production, and marketing. Don't have to play completely stupid about how much they seem to spend.

Comment

Only people with zero business sense believe PBC spent $400 million in one year. If you ask those idiots where they spent the money, they just sit there drooling with no answer.

They probably burned through $150 million including their 3 year time buys. They might lose an average of $1 million per show. At 50 shows that's only a net loss of $50 million per year. They have PLENTY of cash to float themselves.
                Lol

You don't know what the **** you are talking about and made it clear when you used the word "probably." You have even less evidence than the people who think he spent 400 million.

Comment

Fail thread by a groupie. Why would u be happy abt HBO Boxing leaving. Why would someone be happy abt PBC failing too. AND how do u know their finances? Who told u? Ur homie?

Comment

We can make educated guesses on how much they spend for time buys, purses, production, and marketing. Don't have to play completely stupid about how much they seem to spend.
                    Yeah but you have clowns claiming that the PBC blew a billion dollars when they have no idea what they're talking about.

Comment

Well, the people in that class action lawsuit are claiming they are collectively owed $925MM in losses related to the PBC affiliation. That sounds to me like they may have actually spent more than $400MM.

You have to think, they have almost 300 boxers with the top 100 all wanting to make 1MM per fight. Then all the $200K-$500K undercards, other related advertising fees, airtime buys, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X