Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The AlexKid 'questions about punchers, chins, hiprotation etc.' superduper thread.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ben Bolt View Post
    How do you know?
    Maybe because Tyson knocked Holmes out and Shavers didn't.

Comment

• "Maybe because Tyson knocked Holmes out and Shavers didn't."

Not the reason to call Tyson a better puncher it was more about the 10 years that past between Holmes fighting Ernie then Mike!

I can say from personal experiences that if you got hit by either man
      flush on the chin you would be rocked if not KO'd!
      Ray

Comment

• Holmes and marquez have the best recuperating powers I have ever seen.. Both can get dropped with huge shots but never really seems to faze them much

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          Holmes and marquez have the best recuperating powers I have ever seen.. Both can get dropped with huge shots but never really seems to faze them much
          i would have to put mr Ali in that class as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
            i would have to put mr Ali in that class as well.
            I guess, but I never saw ali getting totally waxed like Holmes and marquez has, in some straight up shootouts..

Ali had heart and could make a comeback, but him and leonard are a level below in my opinion...

Literally, Holmes and marquez don't really even start fighting good until they get wrecked, especially marquez.. It's the kiss of death for an opponent to knockdown and hurt marquez

Comment

• Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
              I guess, but I never saw ali getting totally waxed like Holmes and marquez has, in some straight up shootouts..

Ali had heart and could make a comeback, but him and leonard are a level below in my opinion...

Literally, Holmes and marquez don't really even start fighting good until they get wrecked, especially marquez.. It's the kiss of death for an opponent to knockdown and hurt marquez
              I guess I think of a young 190lb ali getting whacked by cooper and immediately getting up. Frazier really did a number on Ali in the first fight and floored him with his sunday best and Ali got up like nothing happened it was rumored that Ali took joe lightly the first time and did not have the legs for lateral movement. I really need to see more of Marquez and some of those amazing athletes he fought from 122 on up. I must confess its not an era I followed it sounds very exciting by yours and others posts.

Comment

• Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
                I guess I think of a young 190lb ali getting whacked by cooper and immediately getting up. Frazier really did a number on Ali in the first fight and floored him with his sunday best and Ali got up like nothing happened it was rumored that Ali took joe lightly the first time and did not have the legs for lateral movement. I really need to see more of Marquez and some of those amazing athletes he fought from 122 on up. I must confess its not an era I followed it sounds very exciting by yours and others posts.
                Watch marquez vs manny 1, diaz 1, katsidis, barrera, manny 4...

Ali did have great recuperating powers, no doubt about that, just Holmes and marquez took insane amounts of punishment and kept coming

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                  "Maybe because Tyson knocked Holmes out and Shavers didn't."

Not the reason to call Tyson a better puncher it was more about the 10 years that past between Holmes fighting Ernie then Mike!

I can say from personal experiences that if you got hit by either man
                  flush on the chin you would be rocked if not KO'd!

Ray
                  No shit, genius.

Comment

• Originally posted by NChristo View Post
                    A cross is a counter straight right hand that goes over the opponents jab, right hook / overhand right are usually recognized as the same punch, arcing rights hands that come over the top which is what he used.
                    ^^^ That's it.................

Comment

• Originally posted by Beyonce Bomber View Post
                      Maybe because Tyson knocked Holmes out and Shavers didn't.
                      Hey dummy, you don't think it goes beyond that? Stiverne got stopped by King and went 12 with wilder, you think King is a harder hitter?

The age of Holmes when Tyson KO'd him, matters here. This is pretty basic stuff. Holmes was coming off a long lay off and was old. He would improve in fights vs Mccall holyfield and mercer, but still wasn't even close to the prime version of Holmes which Shavers fought.

Comment

Working...
                      X