Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As much as ive always disliked how floyd avoids prime fighters.....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As much as ive always disliked how floyd avoids prime fighters.....

There can be no arguing the facat that PBF has always picked (or at least since 2007) fighters who are naturally smaller than he is with big names like: JMM, Ricky Hatton, Robert Guerrero. Or great fighters who were clearly passed their prime. Like : Cotto ( they fought in 2012, shouldve fought in 2007 or 2008 when both were undefeated instead he fought him after the plaster fiasco, the pac man whooping and when he was a shell of his old self. Then Mosley who challenged Floyd over 5 years ago when his only losses were to Winky, and Vernon Forrest. Other than that he decides to fight Vicotr Ortiz which was a joke and theres def more but i dont wanna be negative this whole time. The point im trying to make is that as much as i disagree with who or more so when he fights these big names he is without a doubt the most skilled fighter of our generation so people who keep hating on him, plz do it for the right reasons. i hate when i read people ripping on his fight game. Rip on him ducking people in their prime bc thats just a fact theres no disputing it but he is one hell of a gifted fighter.

Why does it seem like I've read a thread like this 1000x?

Comment

He fights fighters around his size. He never really fought an actual Welterweight and when the division started getting hot, he retired like a punk.

Comment

Most ATG fighters have mostly past prime HOF fighters on their resume.

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
          He fights fighters around his size. He never really fought an actual Welterweight and when the division started getting hot, he retired like a punk.
          How many of his opponents has he actually weighed more than on fight night?

Comment

Seems too late now. There seems to be no one among his next
            potential opponents his size that can match his skill especially now that
            he's back on his boring hit-and-run style. Most of them are of the Ortiz
            variety. Even then he doesn't take risks going for KOs. It would be
            the same predictable outcome. Who wants to pay for another mismatch?
            The only real fights for him that would attract a lot of fans are at 154.

Comment

the only fighter that floyd has ever faced that was smaller than him is juan manuel marquez. floyd is a natural jr welter.he started his career out at 130lbs.he went to welterweight because of the money.he walks around daily ay 155lbs. all the jr welters enter the ring weighing more than moey.so stop crying.

Comment

margarito when out like a sucker. real men don't cheat.he's still paying the price for what he did. he went out like a punkass cheating loser.eye for an eye. ha ha ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by Aztec Wanker View Post
                  suuuuuuuuuuure did.he lost to mosley,pacuqiao,and cotto.he also almost lost his eye.cheating loser.

Comment

Originally posted by DJR005 View Post
                    There can be no arguing the facat that PBF has always picked (or at least since 2007) fighters who are naturally smaller than he is with big names like: JMM, Ricky Hatton, Robert Guerrero. Or great fighters who were clearly passed their prime. Like : Cotto ( they fought in 2012, shouldve fought in 2007 or 2008 when both were undefeated instead he fought him after the plaster fiasco, the pac man whooping and when he was a shell of his old self. Then Mosley who challenged Floyd over 5 years ago when his only losses were to Winky, and Vernon Forrest. Other than that he decides to fight Vicotr Ortiz which was a joke and theres def more but i dont wanna be negative this whole time. The point im trying to make is that as much as i disagree with who or more so when he fights these big names he is without a doubt the most skilled fighter of our generation so people who keep hating on him, plz do it for the right reasons. i hate when i read people ripping on his fight game. Rip on him ducking people in their prime bc thats just a fact theres no disputing it but he is one hell of a gifted fighter.
                    So for whatever reason you decide to make a biased thread that's unfactual.Floyd called out Oscar and Shane t the same time both were supposedly oming back to 147. Shane somehow had a toothache when asked about the fight by merchant. So who really ducked whom.
                    Pacquaio and Arum lied to all of you guys. Now Floyd may have had a part in the ight not happening but don't you think it's funny how now manny is demanding testing or the rios fight. I thought he was terrified of needles or it made him weak. Please and PAC admitted Floyd called him up and offered 40 million dollars. His reply I'm not stupid. He wanted 50/50 and a part of PPV. Which he should've gotten more than 40 but hasn't made 40 in one single fight for his hole career. It would've been easier and more lucrative if he would've bought out his contract with arum and just fought Floyd and followed the blueprint that Oscar and Floyd laid down.

BALDOMIR was the champ and Floyd fought Judah first then everyone claimed he ducked BALDOMIR. At the same time they wanted him to fight Margarito. I personally think Floyd wanted nothing to do with Margarito or Paul Williams but I do believe he would've beaten both of those guys because there both flawed. Margarito is slow with no defense. AKA Guerrero but he's a plodder that comes forward viciously, but he just to slow and easy to hit. Paul Williams had a bad team, trainer and wasa freak of nature, but once again he's flawed. He stops too many punches with his face or chin.
                    In closing it doesn't matter I remember when Mayweather retired and came back everyone said he shouldn't face a green Canelo who was undefeated and ready but now he's still green but a huge fighter there is clamor for a fight in which Canelo will look average and get beaten.
                    Have you ever noticed theres only one ducker in boxing according to Floyd's critics. Even though there proff that Canelo is ducking Lara, vanes, Sergio or any legit 154 pounder. Pacquaio whom campaigned at the same weight didn't fight Paul Williams, campbell, bradley at 140, Juan Diaz, Kendall holt, Amir khan, Petersen, torress or Raheem at 135 I think after he demolished Eric Morrales. So keep with the hating and Floyd will keep getting paper.

Comment

Working...
                    X