No announcement yet.

Poll :Who wins Garcia/Khan Rematch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll :Who wins Garcia/Khan Rematch?

Amir Khan says he wants to rematch Danny Garcia before moving up to WW. Personally I don't fancy his chances but you have to give him credit for wanting a second shot.
    The "Lucky Punch" line and Freddie was not on the ball excuses seem to be BS to me.
    If he gets a rematch with Garcia how do you see the fight panning out?
    Danny Garcia wins on points
    2.04%
    Danny Garcia wins by KO
    57.14%
    Amir Khan wins on points
    30.61%
    Amir Khan wins by KO
    8.16%
    The fight end in a draw
    2.04%

I'm one of those that still thinks garcia is a beatable fighter.

You need to take that left hook away from him, there is a variety of ways to do that, and if you can, I think he can be thoroughly undressed.

Virgil hunter is a good enough trainer to come up with a winning gameplan, but if khan is able to pull it off remains to be seen

Garcia can be beaten inside, ward/green style but khan doesn't have the inside game, so he'd have to use lateral movement and footspeed to circle away from the hook, and use his speed to throw quick 1-2's and out, but he's got to protect his chin on the way out.

I'd lean towards Garcia but wouldn't be shocked if khan beat him, he's obviosuly very talented, just flawed

Comment

"Amir Khan says...."

I stopped there. He will steer clear of guys like Garcia and head straight for Vyacheslav Senchencko or whatever the **** the bums name is.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman932 View Post
        "Amir Khan says...."

I stopped there. He will steer clear of guys like Garcia and head straight for Vyacheslav Senchencko or whatever the **** the bums name is.
        yeah, i mean he's never been one to take tough fights

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
          yeah, i mean he's never been one to take tough fights
          To be fair to Hitman932. With the exceptiion of Garcia Amir Khan's tough fights (Maidana and Peterson) have been mandatories where he would have been stripped if he did not take them.That is not the same as he chooses tough fights which is how he the myth about him has been created. What he says he does "I'll fight anyone" and what his team actually does are 2 different things. He set up one tough fight out of choice (Danny Garcia) and in reality Garcia was not looked at highly when the fight was set up.
          Last edited by Prince Mongo; 11-27-2012, 02:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
            To be fair to Hitman932. With the exceptiion of Garcia Amir Khan's tough fights (Maidana and Peterson) have been mandatories where he would have been stripped if he did not take them.That is not the same as he chooses tough fights which is how he the myth about him has been created. What he says he does "I'll fight anyone" and what his team actually does are 2 different things. He set up one tough fight out of choice (Danny Garcia) and in reality Garcia was not looked at highly when the fight was set up.
            Didn't Khan knock out that Zab Judah fella? I wonder who he's fighting next....

Comment

Originally posted by taansend View Post
              Didn't Khan knock out that Zab Judah fella? I wonder who he's fighting next....
              Zab was past his best when he fought Khan and is an easy payday option for Garcia.Holt who Garcia has already fought is a lot more dangerous than Zab.
              Last edited by Prince Mongo; 11-27-2012, 06:33 AM.

Comment

Until we see how Khan performs under Hunter it's hard to see.

I think Khan has all the tools to beat Danny as long as he sticks to a good game plan (something Virgil is more than capable of giving him) but like Earl said, whether he sticks to it or not is another story.

Khan needs to stop letting his balls get in the way of his head. Box smart.

I'm still not convinced on Danny either.

Comment

Just don't see how Khan can stay away from that left hook for 12 rounds. If I was Khan I'd forget about a Garcia rematch. Hope he can pull it off though if the fight gets made.

Comment

Originally posted by komodo View Post
                    Just don't see how Khan can stay away from that left hook for 12 rounds.
                    That is how I see it. A lot of people failed to note how much success Garcia had when he switched the attack to the body. It was the body attack that was getting to Khan and set up the KO.

Comment

Working...
                    X