Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why isn't double what Canelo got vs Cotto a fair amount for GGG.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rysandro View Post
    Rumors are e the current offer is 10 million + upside

http://www.latimes.com/sports/boxing...nap-story.html

Golovkin, in an interview with The Times last month, speculated that beyond Alvarez relinquishing his World Boxing Council middleweight belt to Golovkin in May instead of making a fight, he expected De La Hoya to make a low-ball offer of $2 million for a 2017 fight as a means to further avoid the Kazakhstan fighter from Los Angeles.

To which DLH is now responding:

“If you say I’m going to offer you $2 million, well, guess what? I’m offering you a substantial amount. Eight figures,” De La Hoya said. “Take the offer, sign the contract and let’s make the fight. Stop calling people clowns.

“There’s obviously [pay-per-view] upside and if he’s not happy with what I’m offering, good luck to him fighting someone where he can make that money. He never will.”
    From what I read, the offer is just flat fee and no PPV upside. Which is a **** deal. You have to include some PPV upside because Golovkin will contribute to bringing in those numbers too. I'm not saying give him 50/50, or 60/40, but he needs to take a piece of that PPV upside.

Comment

Originally posted by Rysandro View Post
      Seems more then fair to me.
      Where you active in this forum when may offered pac a flat fee?

Did you see the revenue that may/pac generated?

Its the biggest fight in the sport. You dont negotiate those fights with flat fees. This is just another stalling antic.

To be honest i think cotto was unreasonable in his negotiations with canelo. Canelo was just as much of a draw as Cotto. But canelo needed to beat a name, and things in boxing didnt look very good after may/pac. He also wanted the lineal 160 belt.

The only other credible opponent, that was also a draw, was golovkin and canelo wasnt going to take that route. Cotto was a bigger draw, and easier to beat. Even today canelo doesnt want ggg and it's his most lucrative match.

Comment

Originally posted by elgu View Post
        Where you active in this forum when may offered pac a flat fee?

Did you see the revenue that may/pac generated?

Its the biggest fight in the sport. You dont negotiate those fights with flat fees. This is just another stalling antic.

To be honest i think cotto was unreasonable in his negotiations with canelo. Canelo was just as much of a draw as Cotto. But canelo needed to beat a name, and things in boxing didnt look very good after may/pac. He also wanted the lineal 160 belt.

The only other credible opponent, that was also a draw, was golovkin and canelo wasnt going to take that route. Cotto was a bigger draw, to beat. Even today canelo doesnt want ggg and it's his most lucrative match.
        De la HoYa said the offer is 10million plus upside

GGG needs to learn to Bside

Comment

Working...
        X