Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The real scandal of last night - was Banks v Mitchell fixed?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    Just a theory but he got 200k last night, surely he knew hes blown the trilogy.
    I feel he was likely gave a nice bonus to throw that fight.

I mean it makes sense, Wladimir pays him well I am sure and now Wlad can use Mitchell as a stay busy fight and sell it saying he wants to avenge his trainers loss etc
    Easy win for Wlad, it sells, it pads his record further.

That way everyone makes a nice sum.

Might sound ******ed but it wouldn't surprise me and lets be fair, something was awfully wrong last night.
    Honestly, I am interested in seeing what Wlad's jab alone does to Mitchell

Comment

Could be ,banks had the ko a couple of times but put it back in his pocket ,an he knew it by the look on his face before the decision

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

I don't know, after the first fight there was no question that Banks would beat him in a rematch. The dude didn't let his hands go and he still had Mitchell ready to go a few times.

Comment

yes it was obviously fixed. wlad wants back on hbo and mitchell is an opponent that hbo will show and make wlad look spectacular. banks will make much more training wlad to fight mitchell then anything else he can do on his own, and we know he's not fighting wlad obviously. this was a setup.

Comment

If it was fixed, and I'm certainly not ruling that out, I don't think it was arranged before the fight. I think it was done between the fighters in the ring. That sounds strange I know, but Jesse Ferguson said Ray Mercer offered him money to lose during a fight, so it wouldn't be unprecedented.

If you listen to the commentary to the fight, you hear Al say "he's talking to him in there". It would be interesting to see if that comment coincides with Bank's switching off.

Comment

It's easy to spot a fixed fight and this one definitely looked fixed. Even some of the smack talking Banks was doing sounded like coaching advice. At one point he sounded like he was telling Mitchell he gotta work. Unless Banks was hurt he definitely let up on Mitchell. It's ashamed too because you put Mitchell with one of the top heavyweights and he could get hurt for real.

Comment

It sure looked like it. No sense of urgency when he clearly held the advantage. It just doesn't make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  If it was fixed,, how come he almost stopped Mitchell twice early...
                  That was maybe because it was still at the beginning = when Banks tried to make it LOOK like real fight.

But after noticing that Mitchell gets in trouble from even light punches, Banks had to slow it down considerably.

I am not saying that the fight was fixed, just answering to your question.

Comment

I saw that from my seat in arena how banks want trying anymore after he almost knocked Mitchell down again
                    Total fixed

Comment

Great point! I watched that fight with my family and everyone was trying to figure out wharf was wrong with Banks. I think the only two answers are that either he injured his hands as someone suggested or he just let Mitchell win. I am going with the former, only because if it was an actual fixed fight, I would think he would atleast try to make it look more legit than that.

Comment

Working...
                      X