Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pedro Diaz no longer with Miguel Cotto, now training Rigondeaux???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cotto is so stupid with trainers, it's like he blames them primarily for his losses.

Comment

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
      Why steward? He's not a boxer, he's a bully, or at least that's what his style was in his prime.
      Steward would actually get cotto to quit hopping around and sit down on his punches. I mean, theres a time to be a boxer puncher, and a time to stand your ground and bully. I just think diaz is still too 'amateurish' as far as his fighting philosophy goes. I dont believe steward to be the best fit for cotto, just better than Diaz atm.

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
      Freddie roach would be the best trainer for cotto.

He's the best at training bully-type fighters
      I agree, roach would be a great fit for cotto, not only in fighting philosophy/style but also in putting up with cotto's diva'ness

Comment

Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
        Diaz is training Rigo and some rumor is going around that Cotto will be training with Robert Garcia which I think is horrible.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
        Hol' up... Robert trained Margarito in the rematch. This ain't gonna work out.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
          I thought steward was an even better fit, plus more knowledgable. Cotto fukd himself over with that one imo.
          Agreed. When I heard Pedro Diaz talk about how Cotto was teaching him so many things about the pro game, I knew he wasn't going to be able to do as much for him as Emanuel.

Comment

Originally posted by R1DG3Z
            Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

Diaz is training Rigo and some rumor is going around that Cotto will be training with Robert Garcia which I think is horrible.

Hol' up... Robert trained Margarito in the rematch. This ain't gonna work out.
            Lol Idk man maybe just a rumor but I wouldn't doubt it... They also said Cotto is with Memo.

Comment

Originally posted by akScoundrel View Post
              Steward would actually get cotto to quit hopping around and sit down on his punches. I mean, theres a time to be a boxer puncher, and a time to stand your ground and bully. I just think diaz is still too 'amateurish' as far as his fighting philosophy goes. I dont believe steward to be the best fit for cotto, just better than Diaz atm.

I agree, roach would be a great fit for cotto, not only in fighting philosophy/style but also in putting up with cotto's diva'ness
              As an avid Cotto fan I must admit to the bold statements.

Miguel needs to sit down on his punches, something that he has not done in a while...long while. Also, he needs to box and be an intelligent aggressor.

Lastly, if the rumor is true about Diaz and Cotto breaking up I blame Miguel's "divaness" attitude to be the culprit of it.

Either way....

WAR COTTO!!!

Comment

Cotto should train in the Mexico city mountains, I think he lacks stamina.

Comment

Cotto has for the most part always relies to much on his left hand for everything. He uses his left for his jab but that is his power hand and wants to knock you out with that one also.

Comment

Cotto is still relevant?

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
                      Cotto is still relevant?
                      I hate to say it but this... I still would like to see him at 147, he still has pop for that division given what he did to Floyd. If he doesn't go down to 147 then he needs to retire, he can't accept defeat and shows no humility as a person. Unless you are Floyd you need to understand that can will and have lost I liked him more when he was with his uncle... but I attribute his fight with Margarito affecting his mentality permanently.

Comment

Working...
                      X