Collapse
No announcement yet.

Holy Crap it's another MMA thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For u to say that the top mma guys such as Fedor, George St Pierre, Anderson Silva, BJ Penn, and many others have no skill, and what they practice is "unskilled bar brawls", then you are an ignorant fool.
    I didn't say that MMA lacked refinement. You did.

Comment

Originally posted by Royal Burnell View Post
      Okami/Lister was supposed to be great by Lister stank up the place while leaving Okami to hold the smelly bag. Lister just pulled guard most of the time.

Chonan/Blackburn they're saving for the internet.
      lister has some great bjj but he bulked up too much. he's slow on the ground now imo.

Comment

Originally posted by checkmania View Post
        Real fighting is pathetic to watch considering it has biting, kicking, poking in the eyes, and pulling hair. If MMA ever wants to be looked at in the same way boxing is as a sport it better not promote like that.
        You mean being looked at as a corrupt version of the WWE where you have p4p fighters who can't box for **** and never take the hard fights because THEY DECIDE WHO THEY FIGHT (how convenient!) and retire as ATG without ever beating a real proved champion? If MMA was like boxing Randy Couture would still be undefeated, Chuck Liddell would have never being KTFO and when Rashad Evans took Forrest to the ground last night after being losing the fight to Griffin's excellent kick-boxing skills a crooked ref would have found a way to make them stand up and Forrest would have gotten a decision thus weakening the sport. The day MMA becomes that i will also quit supporting it like i did boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
          I didn't say that MMA lacked refinement. You did.
          So why do you like MMA? Is it because it is two people trying to hurt each other without any particular skill? If watching a bar brawl is more entertainment than watching two skilled athletes compete does this mean that you like MMA because the combatants are not terribly skilled?

This is what I'm getting at: Most street fights involve little skill, so by likening MMA to streetfighting are you suggesting that MMA is not skilled or are you suggesting that streetfighting is somehow more skilled than the participants let on?

I would personally see "realism" as a negative.
          Say again?

Comment

Originally posted by deevel79 View Post
            Say again?
            I didn't make the comparison between bar brawling and MMA. You made that comparison. My question was why this should be considered a good thing. The post you quoted is me trying to get down to brass tacks as to what MMA constitutes. You're the one who said it is like a bar brawl and that this is something desirable. Not me.

These are my comments, bolded for emphasis

So why do you like MMA? Is it because it is two people trying to hurt each other without any particular skill? If watching a bar brawl is more entertainment than watching two skilled athletes compete does this mean that you like MMA because the combatants are not terribly skilled?

This is what I'm getting at: Most street fights involve little skill, so by likening MMA to streetfighting are you suggesting that MMA is not skilled or are you suggesting that streetfighting is somehow more skilled than the participants let on?

I would personally see "realism" as a negative.

Comment

I didn't make the comparison between bar brawling and MMA. You made that comparison. My question was why this should be considered a good thing. The post you quoted is me trying to get down to brass tacks as to what MMA constitutes. You're the one who said it is like a bar brawl and that this is something desirable. Not me.
              When did i compare mma to that of a bar room brawl?

Comment

OK it was fathergll not you. But there again my question is if MMA is more like a street fight, why is that considered a positive?

Comment

OK it was fathergll not you. But there again my question is if MMA is more like a street fight, why is that considered a positive?
                  Who knows? Maybe because millions of people find street fights to be entertaining. According to you, "realism" is a negative. Does that mean according to you, wwe (which is fake) is a postive? What's so "negative" about a real fight?

Comment

It's barbaric. Anything where you are allowed to strike a downed, prone opponent is inhuman and unsportsmanlike.

Comment

i like mma, but it has nothing to do with street fighting. it's just another form of combat sport (much like wrestling, judo, boxing, etc.) that i enjoy watching. nothing more, nothing less. i just like watching combat sports (really, i like watching most sports in general). boxing is obviously my favorite.

i laugh when people bring up the street fighting aspect of mma because 1) where are these guys at that they're constantly getting into street fights? and 2) where i live you'll have 15 guys stomping you and pummeling you with everything and anything they can find before you can even throw a punch.

Comment

Working...
                      X