• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Szef View Post
    it sounded too good to be true anyway.
    Vlad shook....

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyKing View Post
      Joshua only famous in the UK - no where else. Klitschko brings Ukraine German Russian American money.
      Joshua has an exclusive Showtime deal and is a PPV star in the UK.

That trumps whatever chump change comes from RTL free tv and Ukraine

Arguing this is idiocy.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        Let's blame Hearn again

Some fans are so stupid.
        Dry your eyes..

Ya'll quick to blame everything on Haymon.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
          Dry your eyes..

Ya'll quick to blame everything on Haymon.
          I have literally never posted anything about Haymon as I don't give a damn.

Nice try doe.

Comment

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
            Joshua v Martin, Breazeale etc..should not be PPV fights

But the fact is they were, and sold in big numbers, so it's proof Joshua does bring a hell of a lot of money to the table.

Put it this way, after Wlad's showing v Fury, he wouldn't be able to sell a PPV in the UK again unless he fights Joshua. Sky weren't even bothered about the Fury v Wlad rematch.
            Sky made 800k buys with that fight and put a bid in for the second fight but it collided with their plans for Joshua.

Comment

I've been thinking about this situation, and think Wlad is wrong. He's already 40. He doesn't have more than 1-2 decent years left. He should worry about cementing his legacy.. not the belts. I just don't think he has the time left to collect them all again AND get a fight against Deontay.

IMO he should take the biggest fights available, belt or no belt. Putting a dent in AJ, Ortiz and Wilder would do much more for his legacy than trying to collect the titles again. If WBA says no.. f them.

Comment

I simply said if lacedup read it correctly.. joshua doesnt bring ALL.... the money. The facts you've just mentioned deathclown are true, but wladamir sells the fight massively too cause he's a huge legendary name. As per the non deserving ppv status of joshua v martin/breazealle/whyte it proves joshua is a big draw in uk, but wont draw huge in usa yet with the calibre of opposition currently fought.

Back to guys saying I'm on loopy juice.. groves v Froch made huge numbers and that was a world class/ multi world champion with an incredible record v a domestic/fringe world contender with only one credible/split decision win over Degale. The build up sold that fight. Check the figures. Froch at that time with the lay uk boxing fans was not given his deserved status and popularity either. So imagine what a trash talking bellew and a big name like haye can generate. Youd be suprised at the numbers. After all these same idiots payed for haye v harrison, Khan v salita and the recent Joshua fights.

Besides reason Joshua draws so well ppv is no coinsidence either. Simple fact is Eddie Hearn is smart and works the stupid English public over. Joshua v Breazeale had groves v murray, chris eubank jr, connor Benn, ogogo, whyte on the card. Other times same combination of fighters + Macklin, selby and other well known uk fighters are regularly on the cards usually with overmatched opponents.
                Last edited by maddad2001; 10-19-2016, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  Sky made 800k buys with that fight and put a bid in for the second fight but it collided with their plans for Joshua.
                  Hearn's stable will always get priority with sky due to matchroom sports.

It did definatley over 500k buys. With zero undercard too, the fury v klitschko card.

Every hearn card has 3-5 well known uk boxers on the show. So its easy money.
                  Last edited by maddad2001; 10-19-2016, 02:18 PM.

Comment

I'm still waiting on the real reason why this fight might not occur. It can't possibly because only one title will be on the line.

Comment

Working...
                    X