No announcement yet.

If Golovkin is a hype job

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
    Then why doesn't Jacobs take the 25-75 split (or whatever was offered to him), beat him easily, become lineal/unified world champion (no one believes Canelo is the real MW champion) and then calls the shots for fights against:

BJS, Canelo, Golovkin rematch, Eubank Jr, Lee, etc, for much more money.

Oh wait, Jacobs said Golovkin was the best of his generation. I'm confused.
    He wouldn't become the lineal MW champion. GG is not the lineal MW champion.

Comment

• Originally posted by frantic fighter View Post
      I don't think that Canelo will have the height,reach or power to compete in a division above 160. He is only 5"7 and has short arms compare that to Ramirez who is 6"3, it wouldn't even be fair.
      He's closer to 5'8" to 5'9", but I totally agree with what you're saying. He's more skilled than anyone at 168 but would be screwed in terms of reach. He can't add on much more bulk before he starts slowing down and losing movement. Dude is stocky as hell already.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
        He wouldn't become the lineal MW champion. GG is not the lineal MW champion.
        Yes he is. Canelo lost the lineage once he vacated the WBC title to avoid Golovkin.

Comment

Yes he is. Canelo lost the lineage once he vacated the WBC title to avoid Golovkin.
          What consensus #1 contender at 160 has Golovkin fought to re-establish lineage?

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
            I had said that Jacobs would be the lineal champion if he beats GGG, I correct myself.

Who else can be the MW champion? Golovkin is the only unified champion, he's only missing the WBO belt, and that belt is with the man who admitted would be defeated by Golovkin.

The math here is very simple.

Canelo vacated and said he was going back to his "natural weight class". He lost the lineal status in that move.

2+2=4.

Comment

• If you are fine with GG's career up to this point, then so be it. History will see it different if nothing changes and 75-25 won't change anything. In the end, if you don't have the majority of fans on your side, and many greats usually do then so be it. GG does not have the majority of the fans on his side thus far.

Comment

The title lineage can't ever be given to anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
                  I don't think that GG can even re establish lineage in this case because Canelo is still fighting.

Comment

If you are fine with GG's career up to this point, then so be it. History will see it different if nothing changes and 75-25 won't change anything. In the end, if you don't have the majority of fans on your side, and many greats usually do then so be it. GG does not have the majority of the fans on his side thus far.
                    What majority of the fans? Nobody watches boxing, esp on Showtime. But they will tune in for Ggg and come see him live

Comment

I don't think that GG can even re establish lineage in this case because Canelo is still fighting.
                      He's a joke of a lineal champ, nobody cares. Ggg vs Jacobs should have it at stake but what happens if #2, 3, 4 all duck out? That's what being The Man at the weight really means

Comment

Working...
                      X