Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What did you all think of Shakur Stevenson crying his eyes out after loss?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it is a kid who had a dream and fell short of it,he worked his entire life with that vision and failed......he was disappointed and emotional..but he does need to man up

Comment

I would've cried and I'm a grown ass man.

Comment

It's a good thing, it means he actually cares about winning. He will train harder than ever to stop it from happening again.

Young Mike Tyson cried, there is footage of it. Emotion isn't bad. It's all about focusing those emotions towards training and fighting that makes champions.

Comment

Its a sign of weakness ,yet its humble .

He admitted he lost ,and im glad did,for 1 it showed he was humble in defeat,two the pbc fan boys would have cried robbery yet he clearly lost.

The weakness comes from , you can use it against him along with knowing he has a breaking point because he is an emotional guy.
          Being too emotional and too prideful in boxing can be good sometimes ,but it can also be bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
            Its a sign of weakness ,yet its humble .

He admitted he lost ,and im glad did,for 1 it showed he was humble in defeat,two the pbc fan boys would have cried robbery yet he clearly lost.

The weakness comes from , you can use it against him along with knowing he has a breaking point because he is an emotional guy.
            Being too emotional and too prideful in boxing can be good sometimes ,but it can also be bad.
            Hater will hate. You hate Floyd, he cried after his biggest wins early in his career and is the best of his time.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
              I don't think crying is a sign of weakness. It's a weakness to pretend you don't have emotions and never share them with anyone.

He's a kid who lost the most significant fight of his life to that point after years of tireless training and after receiving attention from media, boxing notables, family etc all watching in hope of him turning up the first US men's boxing gold in over a decade. It was a hard loss to take. He didn't make any excuses, so I think he handled it well.
              This..

I suspect the people who made those videos have never attempted to be great at anything. The young man did just fine.

Comment

Boxing is tough. Being that excellent is really difficult. Not sure why men still have to pretend to be emotionless robots when most of us are not even close to that. It's easy to play emotionless when you have nothing at stake offline, or when you're posting anonymously online.

Comment

Its hard not to feel awkward or just wanna make jokes after watching something like that cuz it begs for being made fun of so I can't really hate on people dogging Shakur over it even if I don't find any entertainment in their jokes. It just seemed like a real moment to me. And sometimes real moments make you look like a dummy, an a$$shole or a p#ssy. It happens to the best of us sometimes its just usually not on live f#cking TV or now sitting on Youtube.

Comment

It's understandable. A lot pf people are used to settling and failure so they cannot empathise with immense disappointment.

He'll toughen with experience. What's good is it shows the passion is there.

Comment

when i first saw it, i think i posted something like, it seems he threw a tantrum. what made me laugh it was the manner in which he cried, it was really childish and hysterical.

he had nothing to cry for. with only one victory he got a silver medal.

Comment

Working...
                      X