Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vanes Turns Down Final WBC Eliminator With Lara

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He gets his ass beat if/when he ever steps up the competition. Hell, he already got his ass beat when he somewhat stepped it up against a shot Ouma. It's too bad. I enjoyed watching him a few years ago, and thought he had solid potential. Whatever potential he has is being wasted.

Comment

I was going to come in here and call Vanes a ducker and coward, but after reading what is it that he wants, a guarantee that the winner of him and Lara will get Canelo for the WBC title. He makes sense.

That's not really asking for too much. The WBC needs to stop protecting Chavez Jr and Canelo, and make them fight who they're supposed to fight.

Though Vanes does look bad turning down all of these fights against what would have been the best names he's ever fought. He has an excuse for every fight he's turned down, but after a while, you're just gonna look like you're scared and never want to step up. And it isn't like he's turning down these guys and fighting other top guys. He's just not fighting anybody worth it at all. Boxing is a business, but Vanes is crossing the line and he's just hurting himself.

Comment

Originally posted by ManOnTheMoon View Post
        Good for Martirosyan...I agree with his team's stance. There should be a contractual obligation for the winner to get the title shot, if they are going to call it a title eliminator.
        I agree 100%. I don't think he's ducking Lara at all. He's already fought in an eliminator and didn't get the Canelo fight. I would want something in writing also.

I wonder if these boxing organizations can be sued?

Comment

I agree too with Vanes Martirosan **** WBC

Comment

Vanes is an idiot plain and simple. I understand Vanes and his uncles arguement, and i agree with it in principle, but boxing is all about politics. Vanes is an unknown to the average boxing fan but for some reason he refuses to take part in the kind of fights that will guarantee him a shot at Canelo or even Chavez. Fighting and beating Lara, which is not an easy task, would give Vanes enough credibility for Networks like HBO and Showtime to actually want to buy his fights. Lara is surely going to get Canelo or Chavez before Vanes because he will take on the higher risks fights in order to secure a chance at the Belt. Basically Vanes needs to put up or shut up

Comment

forget the titles, who should of just fought to get money n proof hes better than lara, the wbc doesnt really proved whos the best fighter we all kno that

Comment

lets get away from the vanes topic then he dont wanna fight or whatever, canelo should fight lara but hey everybody that knows anything about boxing knows lara is the best at 154 hes the most skilled.

Comment

In one hand I must agree with Vanes in how many hoops he has to jump through to get a title shot when Canelo got the title shot by fighting Hatton.

In the other hand he just refuses to fight a top ten opponent to make a case for himself as the guy to beat or just to get right out popular

Comment

Vanes knows he sucks. Just holding on to his record so he can get that one big fight and get his ass whooped.

Comment

Vanes turns down another 'name' opponent? What a surprise. I guess he's too fond of that padded bum record of his to risk a real fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X