A female co-worker is threatening me with harrassment charges

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A female co-worker is threatening me with harrassment charges

Here is her email:

I did notice that you walk by me and never say any greeting, and try hard to make it obvious. Everyone probably did. But coming to the door in the same time and getting in first JUST to let it go in my face is just ******ed

I don't care about your walking in with a mean face and looking at me, then away, not ever being minimally polite. I don't care about you ignoring my presence. I care about MINIMAL office etiquette.

If you do not discontinue your blunt rude attitude I will call a meeting and I will slap you with a harassment charge. And I will even explain why, in detail

If you have any problems to discuss, I will hear what you have to say. Life is too short to have meaningless crap to deal with at any time, never mind on daily basis

Meanwhile, I expect you to get some manners.

Thanks

Here is my reply to her:

I do not look at you with a mean face, I may appear to have a mean face from time to time that is due to personal reasons for which I don't need to make you aware

I do not say "hello" because when I've said "hello" in the past you don't say "hello back.

I did not let go off the door, I did not hold it but once again that might be to something wrong with me physically (I was on a sick leave) I am not going to tell you what's wrong with me physically, management is aware. Now since you threatened to press charges against me as far as some imaginable harrassement. I might have to raise this issue myself as I am trying to mind my business and I receive this email from you, which by the way I find harassing.

Please stop harassing me as I don't have time for your pettiness at the moment.

Comment

Lawyer Up!!!
      its going to be a bumpy ride...

Comment

don't email her or reply to anything...its going to back fire that's what she wants...

Comment

So just in the past year I've had 4 complaints against me from 4 different females.

1st one - I was friends with a co-worker and I was passing by her desk asking what she was reading - she flipped on me and called a meeting with management saying that I am not allowed to look over her shoulder when she's reading something on the net. The mgmt team told her that whatever she's reading on the internet at work is not private anyway. She went after management because she's simply hysterical. She's left work since going to pursue some green living hippy dreams

2 - An older woman that always talks about sex and her son being gay and her daughter being lesbian had felt uncomfortable when I had talked to a male co-worker about the Indonesian Massage. Meaning if you're a woman they turn you around and massage your breasts. A friend of mine went there and she told me all about it, so it was a funny story.

3. An anonymous person (a lady) at the time of the complaint there were 3 women around me. Anyway she had felt threatened because when my computer crashed I had verbally abused my computer and she no longer felt safe.

4. Apparently I didn't hold the door for her - I didn't even see her. Then I heard some yapping behind me I turned around and she was scolding me and I told her "not to talk to me like that".

I was raised by a single mother and I have all the respect for women, but women in the workforce I have no idea what is wrong with a lot of them. I am all ok with equal rights and all but stop playing the victim game and try to use "oh I am a fragile little thing" and if I complain against a male co-worker everybody will give me the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
            don't email her or reply to anything...its going to back fire that's what she wants...
            She's ******ed, she's most likely bipolar and I am not holding that against her but her mood swings are very violent and she seems to picture everything in a a negative light. Couple that with the fact that she never even for a second believes is in the wrong and you have quite the recipe there.

Comment

This is why I don't believe in 'equal rights' with women.

Women are stupid and don't have the ability to reason 95% of the time.

Comment

Where is the harassment??cause you are not kissing her ass? sounds like she is harassing you.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                  So just in the past year I've had 4 complaints against me from 4 different females.

1st one - I was friends with a co-worker and I was passing by her desk asking what she was reading - she flipped on me and called a meeting with management saying that I am not allowed to look over her shoulder when she's reading something on the net. The mgmt team told her that whatever she's reading on the internet at work is not private anyway. She went after management because she's simply hysterical. She's left work since going to pursue some green living hippy dreams

2 - An older woman that always talks about sex and her son being gay and her daughter being lesbian had felt uncomfortable when I had talked to a male co-worker about the Indonesian Massage. Meaning if you're a woman they turn you around and massage your breasts. A friend of mine went there and she told me all about it, so it was a funny story.

3. An anonymous person (a lady) at the time of the complaint there were 3 women around me. Anyway she had felt threatened because when my computer crashed I had verbally abused my computer and she no longer felt safe.

4. Apparently I didn't hold the door for her - I didn't even see her. Then I heard some yapping behind me I turned around and she was scolding me and I told her "not to talk to me like that".

I was raised by a single mother and I have all the respect for women, but women in the workforce I have no idea what is wrong with a lot of them. I am all ok with equal rights and all but stop playing the victim game and try to use "oh I am a fragile little thing" and if I complain against a male co-worker everybody will give me the benefit of the doubt.
                  Where in the **** do you work at? Sounds like a bunch of soft ******* at your job. And not the appealing kind.

Comment

Originally posted by pesticid View Post
                    She's ******ed, she's most likely bipolar and I am not holding that against her but her mood swings are very violent and she seems to picture everything in a a negative light. Couple that with the fact that she never even for a second believes is in the wrong and you have quite the recipe there.
                    speak to a lawyer...and don't tell anyone...avoid her...take it from there...

Comment

Working...
                    X