No announcement yet.

End of an era?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    It's definitely apparent that the last era is definitely on it's last legs.

The new breed and storming in and kicking down the doors.

i still can't believe marquez one punched pacquiao

it has yet to sink in.

Comment

Totally disagree that Mayweather wasn't impressive agaisnt Cotto. He had the best opponent in front of him in years, took far more risks than usual, and still put out a very decisecive, clear victory. IMO it was his most impressive win in years.

On-topic: Yes, it does seem that the guard is changing. We must appreciate these guys that we have grown up with and this time because it won't last for much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Visceral View Post
        Totally disagree that Mayweather wasn't impressive agaisnt Cotto. He had the best opponent in front of him in years, took far more risks than usual, and still put out a very decisecive, clear victory. IMO it was his most impressive win in years.
        I don't see how cotto gave Mayweather the toughest fight of his career... outside the bloody nose, Mayweather straight dominated him from start to finish

Comment

There are so many great young fighters out there...Broner, Gamboa and Donaire(not that young), Gary Russel Jr, Canelo, Trout (I told ya'll Trout was way for real years ago). Boxing is just fine. The Puerto Rican people will always love boxing and back their guys so losing Cotto is no big deal. The Americans always have many fighters to back as does Mexico. While it may be the end of an era in that we are seeing the twilight years of some of the last decade's top fighters, boxing will go on. It is only the end of an era in regards to online boxing forums, and that end couldn't come soon enough.
          Last edited by DeadLikeMe; 12-10-2012, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
            2007 and 2008 were awesome years for boxing.

It would have been the biggest fight, but would it have been competitive? What if the whole world would have watched a guy get clearly outboxed in a quiet fight? Imagine the disappointment.
            That easily could have happened. I'm not even sure it would have been a great fight, but at the very least, we would have known who was better without a doubt. Oh well, they chose that to be apart of their legacy.

Comment

Working...
            X