Vanes vs. Lara II Purse Bid Scheduled for Friday

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    I take it you saw nothing to change that opinion. lol

I thought Vanes did better than expected. I think Lara will be more aggressive next time.
    Actually, the fight was playing a lot like I thought it would. Lara wasn't letting his hands go as much as I had envisioned, but I think that will change for the next fight. He needs to incorporate his right hook too.

Comment

I know a lot of people found the first fight dull but I somewhat enjoyed it

I like it when good, prime fighters face-off. Too often we see an age/talent disparity in fights. Way too often.

Comment

I remember before the fights everyone was making it seem like Lara was untouchable, but Vanes actualy got to him early and was winning some rounds in the beginning. I think Vanes pulls it out and decisions Lara, it probably wont be pretty, but a win is a win.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360
          Quote:

Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC

I take it you saw nothing to change that opinion. lol

I thought Vanes did better than expected. I think Lara will be more aggressive next time.

Actually, the fight was playing a lot like I thought it would. Lara wasn't letting his hands go as much as I had envisioned, but I think that will change for the next fight. He needs to incorporate his right hook too.
          I also thought he would be throwing his right hook which I think he didn't throw at all. Vanes was getting tagged with plenty of those in the Ouma fight I believe, as well as straight lefts of course.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Cali boxer View Post
            I remember before the fights everyone was making it seem like Lara was untouchable, but Vanes actualy got to him early and was winning some rounds in the beginning. I think Vanes pulls it out and decisions Lara, it probably wont be pretty, but a win is a win.
            You saw the wrong fight. Either buy a pair of glasses or tune in to the right channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Garcia's Dad View Post

I like it when good, prime fighters face-off. Too often we see an age/talent disparity in fights. Way too often.
              Agree....we need more of this....

Comment

This is a good point. I found the fight okay, myself...not great, but not terrible. What was always in the air was the sense that these were two fairly evenly matched opponents.

Comment

Same here! I thought Vanes came out much more intense and "inspired" than he has in the past, he seemed physically stronger than Lara. But then of course Lara began landing his counters at will and started breaking him down. Highly interesting fight imo!

Comment

Tough to say if the rematch will pick up where the first one ended or if it will play out the same way as the first. Vanes doesn't look like the smart type so something tells me he might not be able to adjust to those straight lefts and hopefully Lara brings his right hook that night too. Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Vanes Martirosyan is a bum. Don't know why people even talk about him.

The fight was boring but I think Lara wins next time by decision

Comment

Working...
                      X