No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach Sees Martinez's Speed as Sergio's Biggest Weapon

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach Sees Martinez's Speed as Sergio's Biggest Weapon

A fight that many boxing fans thought would never come to fruition is finally upon us as WBC Middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. will defend his title against Sergio Martinez who many consider to be the best of the division. The mega fight will take place on September 15th at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, NV.

[Click Here To Read More]

Overweight?

How many anticipate that Chavez will step onto the scale purposely overweight? I see it happening. 3 to 5 pounds over.

Comment

No, that left hand is the biggest weapon. If Chavez can eat that, I don't think the speed will be an issue.

Comment

Honestly Martinez's lateral movement is his best tool. His footwork is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          Honestly Martinez's lateral movement is his best tool. His footwork is amazing.
          speed + ^this is the biggest weapon of sergio... while chavez has a better chin IMO... i expect jr to be hit much more than sergio... as fight time nears, we'll see everyone's opinion changing as both prepare for the fight of their lives.... this will be a good one

Comment

Martinez' undoing will be his style where he holds his hands down by his side and his ever increasing of eating shots , the body work of chavez and offense overall should just be too much for Martinez

Comment

We'll find out how good Jr's chin actually his, because he's going to get blasted in the face repeatedly. He won't pass the test. He's going to get blacked out. He's going to walk straight in, get hit with a punch he doesn't see coming, and get the Paul Williams treatment.

Comment

Wait. Is this fight really happening? I haven't read an article saying the fight is signed.

Comment

his speed, power, stamina, skill, movement, adaptability, prowess, generalship, confidence will all be a HUGE problem for chavez, who lacks in most (not all) of those departments

Comment

One of the biggest factors, IMO, will be the ring size. If they put this fight in a flyweight ring like Andy Lee vs. JCC, that will negate a lot of the advantages Sergio has.

There are a lot of things Julio will need to contend with, speed is just one of them. I can't wait to see how he takes Sergio's power. I expect a weight difference at fight time to be around 20-30 lbs, and we'll see how that helps Julio take the power shots Sergio will land on him.

Comment

Working...
                    X