Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People should listen to Floyd Sr, I sorta expected this.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People should listen to Floyd Sr, I sorta expected this.

Floyd Mayweather Sr. is a real dude, people should listen. Remember when Mayweather vs. Marquez was only a rumor, Floyd Sr. came out and said, "Mayweather is training for Juan Manuel Marquez", Sr was straight up. It so happened it was true. Also what kind of father (Especially involving Mayweather) would say Marquez vs. Mayweather shouldn't be on PPV? I bring this up because recently Mayweather Sr. said, "Floyd Mayweather is looking to fight on December" and now we're hearing early 2010 (Which could be January)...Sr doesn't hold anything back. So there has to be alot of truth to this. Recently I made a bet with Sin City, 300K that Mayweather is gonna face Shane, winner of Cotto vs. Pacquiao after Marquez. I don't think he will face them next and I'm not gonna say that was unexpected.

Even though Mayweather looked alot better then expected against JMM, considering the 2 year layoff...his straight right hand/ inside game wasn't on point. I've come to that conclusion after rewatching it. Remember that flush straight right hand that Marquez landed and Mayweather laughed it off; Shane would have seriously hurt him had he been able to land such a shot. But that isn't the point though.

The problem here is that Mayweather could possibly be waiting on something (Cotto vs. Pacquiao winner) that isn't gonna happen. Best believe that if Cotto vs. Pacquiao is very competitive, we're gonna get a rematch. Arum wouldn't be hesitant to do that. That right there would be a whopping 54% off Cotto/ Pacquiao's check as oppose to the winner facing Mayweather...I wouldn't be surprised at all. GBP may know this, hence why Shane vs. Berto hasn't been signed. So for all we know, there could be a hold up for a very good reason.

Why should he wait on something that possibly ain't gonna happen? Should he gather more rust, even though he just came off a 2 year layoff? Lets say he does face the winner of Cotto vs. Pacquiao after facing some average random opponent, atleast he kept busy. He faught on September 19th, Cotto vs. Pacquiao is on November 14th, A Mayweather vs. winner of that would be on March or April, that would be 5-6 months of inactivity. Mayweather has been inactive enough.
    Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 10-15-2009, 02:36 PM.

Shane Mosley, Paul Williams or go back into retirement. Anything other than that is a slap in the face to Boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
      Shane Mosley, Paul Williams or go back into retirement. Anything other than that is a slap in the face to Boxing.
      Yeah, 2501 didn't read it. I'm not on some DLT crap(No offense DLT), it's short.

Comment

Somewhat convoluted post Platano man.

Are you saying Floyd is fighting Shane in December? Or that Sr. alluded to that in some way?

Comment

PBF needs to fight Shane.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
            Yeah, 2501 didn't read it. I'm not on some DLT crap(No offense DLT), it's short.
            I got houses to foreclose on and a ****load of legal documents to skim through

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
              co-sign!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Roy O'Bannon View Post
                Somewhat convoluted post Platano man.

Are you saying Floyd is fighting Shane in December? Or that Sr. alluded to that in some way?
                Very possibly. Think about this, Shane vs. Berto hasn't been signed, GBP must be thinking like me.

Comment

no more tune ups!!!! fight mosley

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
                    Very possibly. Think about this, Shane vs. Berto hasn't been signed, GBP must be thinking like me.
                    Floyd better quit ****ing around. He needs to fight some legit names in his next fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X