Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you block people from e mailing you on Hotmail?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] How do you block people from e mailing you on Hotmail?

Somebody I know keeps getting e mails from someone, and wants to block their address from being able to contact them. Just like you can on MSN, why can't you do it on Hotmail.

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
    Somebody I know keeps getting e mails from someone, and wants to block their address from being able to contact them. Just like you can on MSN, why can't you do it on Hotmail.
    Add their email address to the junk mail folder.

Comment

Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      Add their email address to the junk mail folder.
      We've done that, and after all it doesn;t block them it just sends the mail to the junk folder....

Comment

Just don't read what they are sending you.

Comment

Better yet send them back pictures of dead animals covered in your excretion,
          You have my word they won't send you another email after seeing that.

Comment

Easy to do. Just mark the mail as spam.

Comment

Originally posted by Siren 666 View Post
              Easy to do. Just mark the mail as spam.
              Again, we've done that, they still get through.

Comment

Originally posted by john locke View Post
                somebody i know keeps getting e mails from someone, and wants to block their address from being able to contact them. Just like you can on msn, why can't you do it on hotmail.
                Originally posted by john locke View Post
                we've done that, and after all it doesn;t block them it just sends the mail to the junk folder....

Comment

Yeah, I find that annoying too. I once tried blocking an ex's e-mail address from getting through - or so I thought - but it still appeared in my inbox, which resulted in my reading it and letting her back into my life temporarily. Very annoying, and totally wasn't worth it. Had I not seen the e-mail, I would never have had anything to do with her again.

And obviously I could've chosen to delete it at the time, but that's curiosity and relationships for ya. When it comes to blatant spam, it's different because you don't know the sender and there's potential viruses inside; but with people, you sometimes feel as though you have to look, even though you know it's not going to be anything good.

I digress, however. I wish Hotmail would indeed make it so that blocked e-mails don't appear at all - not in the spam folder, or anywhere else.

Comment

Again, we've done that, they still get through.
                    What i do is mark stuff i don't want as spam and they go to the junk folder. I just delete the junk folder without reading the messages.

Comment

Working...
                    X