Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bradley's Trainer on Mayweather: Credibility at Stake!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
    Everyone, including you, knew this was target date. Arum just BS'n and making excuses. Clear they dont want fight.

Date doesnt matter, excuse does
    For either guy to bypass this fight over a date, regardless of what It Is, with the type of money It will generate Is disgusting and should leave each man wondering how they are going to sell enough tickets to there next fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
      Bob complaining about date. Not anything else. Its a roadblock. They dont want fight
      ok cool...its basketball season anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmt View Post
        No, It Is not a good excuse. I'm just not sure that having a particular date such as May 2, 2015 Is a reason to sabotage the fight. My only point Is, would It really hurt to have the fight a month earlier or a month later considering that Pacquiao has given In to all of Mayweathers other demands?
        i see, but at some point it must all end!!!!! at some point we the fans need to see this fight and should have enough with the excuses and call BS. if floyd says he wants the fight on May 2nd, lets just do it. GIVE us the fight we have waited for since 09. fk all the other sht and the back n forth . the fight has a chance to be made... its not like arum has always thought it was disrespectful to fight on this holiday... this is an excuse... its one thing if hes always had this stance but to all of a sudden use this is a shame and any fan should call him out. its not about who you like at this point its flat out disrspectful to fans

Comment

Pacquiao has given In to all of Floyds demands, what would It hurt to stage the Pacquiao/Mayweather fight on April or June 2nd?
          when and how can he give in to all his demands if there is no negotiations due to the date. its one thing to say things in an interview as opposed to negotiating a deal. bob arum is the reason this fight isnt being made. when hes the Aside he pays promoters to move, sets the dates, country, even makes fighters sign to his promotion company just to get fights yet you are now saying since floyd wants the fight on may 2nd its an issue and a road block? all because arum all of a sudden thinks its disrespectful to fight on this day?????????? why wasnt it disrespectful vs shane mosley or ricky hatton to fight on this holiday??????

Comment

Why couldn't the Canelo/cotto fight happen on May 2nd and the Pacquiao/Mayweather fight happen April or June 2nd? Both fights would do well and I am sure that Manny would be willing to fight on the above mentioned dates.
            Come on man, there is no way you know what Manny would be willing to do.

Fighting the same time Floyd does would lower revenues from the cotto/canelo fight (as it would for whatever Floyd fight takes place).

So why plan a fight for the same day Floyd plans to fight knowing the negative impact that will have on the canelo/cotto fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by djtmal View Post
              Spin it any way you want, if Manny rejects Floyd's offer, my take is, from a business standpoint, Floyd ain't make the right offer. Especially since Floyd has been evasive about the fight for years in the media and continues to clown the dude with pictures of him getting ko'd by fighters others than himself. Credible sportsmen don't exhibit such behavior.

You diehard Floyd boys live in a fantasy world. You fail to realize the offer is coming from Floyd, and he stands to make the career payday. So like it or not, thats the way it is.

You want to sit here and cry over things that you have absolutely no control over, be my guest man. The rest of us will watch the fight matchups that interest us the most.
              It seems as if you are saying how he conducts himself in interviews and putting a picture of him getting KTFO on social media indicates he is not negotiating fairly. If you think that is logical there is nothing I can say to change your mind. As I stated, your mentality is as troubling as that I compared it to.

We all know the offer is coming from Floyd and it will surely be his biggest payday. WHere we disagree is many of us do not think Manny should refuse the fight again because he isn't getting what he wants. we want him to agree to the fight he claims he wants so much.

you think otherwise. Like I said, really nothing more to be said. enjoy Manny v Vargas, that seems like the kind of matchup you want.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dle View Post
                Com'on guys, even Diaz should know Bob will stall the fight bcuz if PAC loses (most knows that he will) his gravy train is over. He gave a clue with his last Cinco de Nayo statement. Why would Floyd take this easy money? Bob's no going to have it, simply put.
                Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
                Hey Diaz, welcome to 2012.
                gravy train is over?????????? Pac was knocked out by Marquez!!! Losing made him just as exciting because no one saw that coming. So please, this is all on Floyd. It has always been on Floyd with his "extra" demands. First it was the random blood testing by an outside source. Nevada state commission was not good enough for Floyd so he started a crusade to clean up the sport. All because of Manny, right? Now look at his crusade years later. His own Money Team fighters test positive for illegal substances.
                Second: When Pac agrees to this Olympic style testing (after he sued the Mayweather's for defamation of character, in which Floyd settled out of court and paid Pac) the new hurdle was a money issue, not a drug testing issue. ?????????
                I blame Arum for playing the whole tit for tat with Floyd, but it was and always was Floyd with the "extra" demands. His mission was to discredit Pac about being on something, because there's no way a little guy like him can move up in weight class and keep hurting and knocking guys out. Pac had a bigger fan base, including the support of former boxing champions and celebrities that were in favor of Pac knocking out Floyd.
                I always defended Mayweather. Said his style would give Pac hell. That he fights guys coming off a win, and at their best weight. But, he fought Juan Manuel at a catch weight and came in over the limit and made Canelo come in lighter for a 154 lb title defense, so he has made the same demands he accuses Pac of making. Pac has always weighed over the 140 limit for all his fights even when he was fighting at lightweight. Just look at the tale of the tape for all his fights. Yet, he is still accused of being a steroid user ALL BECAUSE FLOYD WAS CONCERNED AND AFRAID (and it didn't help that everyone at the time was publicly saying Pac will knock him out). PERIOD!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  Come on man, there is no way you know what Manny would be willing to do.

Fighting the same time Floyd does would lower revenues from the cotto/canelo fight (as it would for whatever Floyd fight takes place).

So why plan a fight for the same day Floyd plans to fight knowing the negative impact that will have on the canelo/cotto fight?
                  I never mentioned having both fights on the same day. I am saying let Cotto/Canelo have there fight on May 2nd and have the Pacquiao/Mayweather fight on April 2nd or June 2nd.

What does It really matter what date the fight Is as long as It takes place?

Why would Pacquiao not agree to a change In date when he was willing to cave In to Mayweathers other demands such as drug testing and less money?

Comment

I never mentioned having both fights on the same day. I am saying let Cotto/Canelo have there fight on May 2nd and have the Pacquiao/Mayweather fight on April 2nd or June 2nd.

Why would Pacquiao not agree to a change In date when he was willing to cave In to Mayweathers other demands such as drug testing and less money?
                    Caving in is when you actually sign the contract, like Floyd did Oscar, Cotto did Floyd, Martinez did Cotto. It's not walking away from the contract and saying you would agree "NOW," after the negotiations are done.

Comment

WHy are you saying let cotto/canelo fight on May 2nd if date isn't an issue?

Obviously, there is a reason that date is coveted by boxing networks and promoters. I think you know why-because there is less competition from mainstream US sports so revenues are maximized. You didn't know this?

Probably because Manny was given those dates when Floyd retired so he and his team are aware the date maximizes revenues for a fight/fighter, especially one who gets so much from PPV revenue like manny.

Comment

Working...
                      X