No announcement yet.

Thomas Sowell subscribes to Austrian crack whore economics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thomas Sowell subscribes to Austrian crack whore economics

He doesn't believe in workers rights, a minimum wage, and feels that the academic mystification known as "the free" market should decide everything for you.

No unions, no rights, no 8 hour days, nothing.

Just "the market" dictating the terms to a labor workforce with no rights.

No thanks, I'd rather have Obama.

Why would anyone subscribe to anything Austrian anyway? This is America. The only good thing to come out of Austria is a Glock.

This guy is similar to Ron Paul in almost every regard so Jim Jeffries only shows his stupidity when lamenting the fact that he's not running for president.

If you like Sowell, just vote for Paul you idiot.

And don't be such a pussy when someone comments in your thread you limp dicked faggot.

Originally posted by INSECT View Post
    He doesn't believe in workers rights, a minimum wage, and feels that the academic mystification known as "the free" market should decide everything for you.

No unions, no rights, no 8 hour days, nothing.

Just "the market" dictating the terms to a labor workforce with no rights.

No thanks, I'd rather have Obama.

Why would anyone subscribe to anything Austrian anyway? This is America. The only good thing to come out of Austria is a Glock.

This guy is similar to Ron Paul in almost every regard so Jim Jeffries only shows his stupidity when lamenting the fact that he's not running for president.

If you like Sowell, just vote for Paul you idiot.

And don't be such a pussy when someone comments in your thread you limp dicked faggot.
    i always laugh when you say that lol

Comment

Originally posted by dj emz View Post
      look at his thread and see why he put me on ignore for scientific proof.

I don't throw limp dick faggot around loosely.

Comment

With your stance on government involvement and restrictions I would have thought free market economics would be what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
          With your stance on government involvement and restrictions I would have thought free market economics would be what you want.
          If the theoritical free market had any basis in reality, historically or otherwise, I'd be all for it.

But the idealogues never seem to account human greed into the equation, which make me wonder if Sowell or his ilk are really intellectuals at all since they're missing an obviously critical component, or if they're just idealogical tools of finance oligarch's.

I think its a bit of both. This Sowell guy isn't that impressive, unless you're easily impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by INSECT View Post
            If the theoritical free market had any basis in reality, historically or otherwise, I'd be all for it.

But the idealogues never seem to account human greed into the equation, which make me wonder if Sowell or his ilk are really intellectuals at all since they're missing an obviously critical component, or if they're just idealogical tools of finance oligarch's.

I think its a bit of both. This Sowell guy isn't that impressive, unless you're easily impressed.
            As I have said in the past I have no idea about American politics and do not pretend to, so I am not going to comment on this particular individual or his views.

I do however have a Bachelor of Economics and work as a consultant in that particular field so I would like to think I know something about that at least.

Obviously "free market" economics is an ideal scenario that is in fact unachievable. Market failures ensure that. I am all for allowing the free market to work as much as possible, but where government intervention can produce economic benefits where it is conducted on the basis of the market failing to ensure optimal outcomes (setting a floor for wage levels would be one such case) I am all for that as well.

I dislike arguing with free market economists because, at least in their own minds, they can never actually be proven incorrect.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan... View Post
              As I have said in the past I have no idea about American politics and do not pretend to, so I am not going to comment on this particular individual or his views.

I do however have a Bachelor of Economics and work as a consultant in that particular field so I would like to think I know something about that at least.

Obviously "free market" economics is an ideal scenario that is in fact unachievable. Market failures ensure that. I am all for allowing the free market to work as much as possible, but where government intervention can produce economic benefits where it is conducted on the basis of the market failing to ensure optimal outcomes (setting a floor for wage levels would be one such case) I am all for that as well.

I dislike arguing with free market economists because, at least in their own minds, they can never actually be proven incorrect.
              So do I, but what always gets them to shut up is for an example of a sustained, prolonged free market at any moment in history.

They can never produce one.

Incidentally, I don't disagree with this Sowell on everything, his views on the global warming fraud are totally acceptable to me.

Comment

Originally posted by dj emz View Post
                What kind of mental case argues with his own alt?

Ron Paul is decent, but he's a thousand years old. Any chance he had of being president is long gone, perhaps his son will fare better. The last thing we need in 2012 is another half dead, one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel, like Bob Dole and John McCain.

You will burn in hell for blaspheming against the great Thomas Sowell.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post
                  Ron Paul is decent, but he's a thousand years old. Any chance he had of being president is long gone, perhaps his son will fare better. The last thing we need in 2012 is another half dead, one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel, like Bob Dole and John McCain.

.......r u serious lol why would u even think im his alt.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Jeffries View Post

What's so great about him dickbag?

Comment

Working...
                    X