Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lou DiBella: Calzaghe is P4P1 - would beat PRIME Jones Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lou DiBella: Calzaghe is P4P1 - would beat PRIME Jones Jr.

Last edited by starjammer; 11-20-2008, 11:49 PM.

No surprise that he needs to be extra nice to Calzaghe if he wants get one of his fighters in the ring with him.

Comment

Funny: The Brits wanted to know why Roy Jones Jr. didn't fight Joe back in the day: The Americans point to saying Joe-WHO?

The Brits pull this one for Dawson saying they have no idea who he is, yet he is the Light-Heavyweight Champion and has wins over Adamek, TARVER and JOHNSON.

I guess it is even.

The Brits make a point which I agree with Joe: Fights in America were to "polish" his resume...meaning: Don't mean ****.

But they pointed to Lacy and Kessler as his best wins...which I agree with, especially given the circumstances and odds against Joe.
      Last edited by Benny Leonard; 11-20-2008, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Benny Leonard View Post
        Funny: The Brits wanted to know why Roy Jones Jr. didn't fight Joe back in the day: The Americans point to saying Joe-WHO?

The Brits pull this one for Dawson saying they have no idea who he is, yet he is the Light-Heavyweight Champion and has wins over Adamek, TARVER and JOHNSON.
        Thats a good point. I see where you're coming from. However Joe is a champion at the end of his career and can be forgiven for not fighting another young, hungry champion. He already did that in super-middleweight.

Comment

I'd be OK with a Johnson fight. I just think Glen needs a big win on his belt. Dawosn is the guy though. It just sucks that he has no name recognition at all.

On the topic of Roy, I'd have to disagree. It doesnt matter if he wasnt a traditional boxing talent. Roy would still land the lead rights in his prime, orthadox or not. That's a bold statement by DiBella.
          Last edited by -Antonio-; 11-20-2008, 11:17 PM.

Comment

the only thing against calzaghe is no one knows who he fought...he did a lot in the uk, beat contenders in america, beat two out of prime legends, but to american fans he's still unknown. glen johnson and chad dawson are fights that should happen. but nothing about his fighting style says he'd beat a prime roy jones.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
              I'd be OK with a Johnson fight. I just think Glen needs a big win on his belt. Dawosn is the guy though. It just sucks that he has no name recognition at all.
              Yeah he should hire a publicist and overhaul himself into a bad guy type character like Floyd did. Maybe people will pay attention then :P

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
                Thats a good point. I see where you're coming from. However Joe is a champion at the end of his career and can be forgiven for not fighting another young, hungry champion. He already did that in super-middleweight.
                Holmes fought Spinks.

Dempsey fought Tunney, and Dempsey was off for about 3 years.

Many cases like this.

And Lou saying Joe is "Superior" than Roy in his prime sums up Lou as an idiot who has had his eyes mased to many times by women.

I do think that Joe would have been tough no matter what...I agree with that but to out-class Roy, LOL.

Comment

DiBella is saying this because Calzaghe is Italian. He thinks Marciano beats prime Joe Louis as well.

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
                    Yeah he should hire a publicist and overhaul himself into a bad guy type character like Floyd did. Maybe people will pay attention then :P
                    It's a shame. Dawson has everything going for him. He should be well known by now. Young American fighters seriously lack the support from their country.

Comment

Working...
                    X