Comments Thread For: Roman Gonzalez Says Return Will Happen on Golovkin-Wade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    When did Estrada demand a crazy purse?
    He's said before he wants the same purse as Gonzalez. Whether or not Gonzales wants a million, or whatever, I dunno. But its crazy to have both guys, Flyweights, earning the same as each other if they are getting paid quite a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
      He's said before he wants the same purse as Gonzalez. Whether or not Gonzales wants a million, or whatever, I dunno. But its crazy to have both guys, Flyweights, earning the same as each other if they are getting paid quite a lot.
      Interesting. Would be very disappointed if that's true. You have a link for that? Or some direction?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        Can't wait, best card of the year. Gonzalez vs a 35 year old with a pack losses who's been slept already. Awesome card. I wonder who will win these fights.

Have to finally agree with your hatin' ass. Time for Gonzalez to back up that P4P ranking.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Interesting. Would be very disappointed if that's true. You have a link for that? Or some direction?
          Yeah, kind of. I'm much more interested in a potential Ruenroeng fight with either Estrada/Gonzalez though. His style would give either fighter some major problems. I've said a few times before, it's almost as if he doesn't realise it's a boxing match, but instead some form of wrestling.

But here's a quote from an interview with Estrada regarding the situation. It seems flip floppy, but we know Gonzales has already shown fussiness over purses. It's unreasonable for a Flyweight right now.

Gonzalez has stated recently that he wants a million dollar purse which he has stated in the past. Several media outlets have misinterpreted Gonzalez’ words in the past as he has stated that the million was to be split even between him and Estrada, which Estrada is fine with seeing as they are both world champions.

“We are fighters who give amazing performances. I think if we deserve it. I do not know if we’ll get one million or two or less than a million dollars, but I think we deserve fair purses. It’s a fight that everyone wants to see and they now it will be a tremendous show. I would like the same purse (as Gonzalez). The same for me as for him because we’re both world champion’s that will give a great show to everyone. I think if we get a million, less than a million or even more, people should understand that we both deserve a good purse. “
          http://thaboxingvoice.com/juan-franc...29?var=no/feed

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
            Yeah, kind of. I'm much more interested in a potential Ruenroeng fight with either Estrada/Gonzalez though. His style would give either fighter some major problems. I've said a few times before, it's almost as if he doesn't realise it's a boxing match, but instead some form of wrestling.

But here's a quote from an interview with Estrada regarding the situation. It seems flip floppy, but we know Gonzales has already shown fussiness over purses. It's unreasonable for a Flyweight right now.

http://thaboxingvoice.com/juan-franc...29?var=no/feed
            Thank you for that. Finally some clarity. Im not convinced they should split anything evenly at all. Gonzalez holds the win, the stature and is the "draw" if that matters. But...the fight has to get made. Which means Gonzalez can't demand these seven figure purses either. There's enough money in the pot for this to go down.

Comment

According to ESPN Chocolatito's team is negotiating with McWilliams Arroyo (who already beat and was robbed vs Runoreg).

Comment

Originally posted by cotto#1p4p View Post
                According to ESPN Chocolatito's team is negotiating with McWilliams Arroyo (who already beat and was robbed vs Runoreg).
                he lost the fight before that one and hasn't fought since Spet 2014. I didn't see fight but what happened with ruenerong?

Comment

Yeah...that's a long layoff. He was in a battle with his promoter. Thailand judges happened. He out boxed him and Ruonerg relied on MMA tactics every time he was hurt.

Comment

http://youtu.be/B-vGJxkhxhQ

Ruenroeng vs Arroyo

Comment

Working...
                    X