Marlon Starling

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Marlon Starling is Tailor made for someone like Paul Williams

Comment

On paper Paul Williams is a nightmare matchup for a bunch of ATG welterweights, but he is just so inconsistant

Comment

I just think guys who use that type of defensive guard vs Williams that reach and volume gives them absolute hell. I dont think Williams is necessarily more skilled than Starling, but I think his style would beat Starling 9 out of 10times

Comment

Originally posted by DBSLM View Post
          I just think guys who use that type of defensive guard vs Williams that reach and volume gives them absolute hell. I dont think Williams is necessarily more skilled than Starling, but I think his style would beat Starling 9 out of 10times
          I don't disagree

Comment

LOL! Of course he's not! He's just an octopus with a high workrate. His punches are nowhere as well coordinated or timed as Starling's were. His power isn't that impressive either, Starling for his size actually hit harder.

Comment

@pastrano who do you think would win? I see it playing out similar to Paul's fight with with Winky to be honest with you.

Comment

@pastrano who do you think would win? I see it playing out similar to Paul's fight with with Winky to be honest with you.
                Lol...first of all, that was a ringrusty, past it Winky who was never a big middleweight. And second, Marlon and Winky are not very similar as boxers really. Marlon was a counterpuncher, Winky couldn't be called that. He was a jabber who was quite aggressive. Also, Marlon was even stronger than Winky physically I believe and had a better punch.

Comment

@Pastrano I guess well disagree on this one which is cool. I disagree with you saying Starling was stronger Winky, I saw winky consistently back up guys like Vargas, Taylor,and Trinidad. Marlon might have had a slightly better punch but nothing to significant. I consider both starling and winky good technicians. Also dont forget Marlon had trouble with A tall rangy southpaw in johnny bumphus, and he got out-hustled by Maurice Blocker

Comment

@Pastrano I guess well disagree on this one which is cool. I disagree with you saying Starling was stronger Winky, I saw winky consistently back up guys like Vargas, Taylor,and Trinidad. Marlon might have had a slightly better punch but nothing to significant. I consider both starling and winky good technicians. Also dont forget Marlon had trouble with A tall rangy southpaw in johnny bumphus, and he got out-hustled by Maurice Blocker
                    Maybe Starling was stronger P4P than Winky, but he definitely wasn't stronger than him in the ring. I sat near Winky at the fights once, and he's bigger than most people think.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                      Maybe Starling was stronger P4P than Winky, but he definitely wasn't stronger than him in the ring. I sat near Winky at the fights once, and he's bigger than most people think.
                      I've heard that he walks around in the 180's. And that was at least a couple of years ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X