No announcement yet.

Resident Evil 6

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah, fuck it.

I still look forward to the game though.

Comment

I hope it doesn't suck like RE 5. The stupid AI really ruined the experience for me. I prefer playing a scary game alone without teammates. Makes the scare factor much better.

Comment

Yeah agree, i didnt like 5 either. Hope this one is better. I still like resident evil 3 on ps1 the best lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post
          OMFG WE GOT PWNEDDD

Resident Evil 6 Teaser Confirmed as Fake
          Cleverly-edited teaser making the rounds.
          September 16, 2011

Late last night, a fake teaser trailer for Resident Evil 6 began making the rounds. The teaser, which appears to be shot from the audience of Capcom's TGS theater, fooled several sites, including (very briefly) IGN.

Two and a half years have passed since the release of Resident Evil 5, and excitement for the sequel has reached a fever pitch, lending to the credibility of the supposed announcement.

The teaser, shown above, features a black screen along with the text "The world has seen all kinds of horror. Bio-organic weapons have taken over. And one place has the key to stop it all." The numbers 48.415802,-89.2673 also appear, pointing to the latitude and longitude of Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada.

Sources at Capcom have confirmed the trailer to be fake, but no additional comments have been offered at this time.

ign

rape.

Comment

The thing is, Resident Evil 6 is in the works anyways. It may not come out soon but you know they are working on it.

Comment

cant wait

Comment

I googled 48.415802,-89.2673 and a place called Thunder Valley in Canada showed up.

Comment

Viral Website Teasing Resident Evil 6?
                  No Hope Left
                  January 17, 2012

A mysterious viral website may be hinting at the next game in the Resident Evil series. A blog containing several photos and videos appears at nohopeleft.com, featuring graffiti scrawled on various dilapidated walls and billboards.

Most notably, a biohazard symbol can be seen in several photos, and one of the site's blog posts bears the title "biohazard sign." In Japan, Biohazard is the name of the Resident Evil franchise.

One of the photos seen on nohopeleft.com. Note the Biohazard logo on the O, as well as the date.

The site's Whois registration data yields no direct link to Capcom, but sleuths on the NeoGAF forums have dug up an interesting connection. Searching for the site's Whois data on GoDaddy reveals that it's registered by "Identity Protection Service" in Surrey, United Kingdom.

Looking up the Whois data for viral site Inserted Evil (which contains logos for Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and is confirmed to be connected to the game) yields the same Identity Protection Service Whois data, also tied to Surrey. Both sites also appear under the registrar "WEBFUSION LTD."

Still, there's no clear indication that the site has any relation to the Resident Evil franchise or Resident Evil 6, which has never been announced or even hinted at by Capcom. We reached out to Capcom, and the company told us they do not comment on rumors or speculation, which is a fairly standard response in situations like this.

One of the videos seen on the site hints at a threat outside. Could it be zombies?

While the evidence does seem to suggest Resident Evil, the site can't be taken as anything official, and any connection to Resident Evil is simply a rumor. This could easily be a viral campaign for any number of other post-apocalyptic properties, including movies and comic books.

It's worth noting that last year, a fake teaser trailer circulating during the Tokyo Game Show fooled many sites, so any news about RE6 should be taken with a grain of salt.

Many of the photos and videos on the site feature the date January 19, 2012, so we expect more details to trickle out in the coming days.

IGN

Comment

RE5 was a big letdown for me after the epic RE4.Looking more foward to Metal Gear Rising even though that is taking alot of flack from the MGS fans

Comment

Update: One prominent photo on the site depicts a billboard, bearing the branding Primesight.

Gaming site The Sixth Axis contacted Primesight, who confirmed that Capcom is the company behind the billboard.

omfggg... RE6 in China? Kev you may have been right, bro.

Comment

Working...
                      X