No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TwoPieced View Post
    Maybe because it served for much better comic relief and was more in line with his character?
    Nonsense.... It has nothing to do with being more in line with the character at all and it doesn't do that anyhow the fighting highlighted both Tyrions cunning and physical limitations.

It has everything to do with budget.

Large scale battle scene + special effects ect VS getting knocked out whilst charging to the battle and waking up when it finished they obviously went for the cheap option that greatly deviates from the book which is a shame.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Lowkey- View Post
      Nonsense.... It has nothing to do with being more in line with the character at all and it doesn't do that anyhow the fighting highlighted both Tyrions cunning and physical limitations.

It has everything to do with budget.

Large scale battle scene + special effects ect VS getting knocked out whilst charging to the battle and waking up when it finished they obviously went for the cheap option that greatly deviates from the book which is a shame.
      It's not a shame at all, it's an improvement. It more greatly highlights mental acuity as his primary attribute, contrasting him even more sharply with his brother. He is the brains, Jamie is the brawn, and his character is indeed the primary source of wit and humor in the series so it fits perfectly. Showing him to be a "capable warrior" in addition to a cunning individual who uses his brain to avoid fighting is out of character. Suddenly he becomes implausibly "good at everything", rather than keeping his physical stature as a strict limitation/weakness that he overcomes through de-emphasis. Being a "**** warrior" as Bronn puts it is much more in line with this character concept. They may have made the change largely due to budgetary concerns, but it was a good one regardless. Don't be mad about a great decision made with a character just because you wanted to see a big battle

Comment

• All I know is they better not go "cheap" on episode 9 "Blackwater" of season 2

Comment

• Originally posted by -Mustang- View Post
          All I know is they better not go "cheap" on episode 9 "Blackwater" of season 2
          Man I don't care if they had to cut ever corner on everything else the rest of the season, I hope they did the Blackwater right.

Comment

• Originally posted by TwoPieced View Post
            It's not a shame at all, it's an improvement. It more greatly highlights mental acuity as his primary attribute, contrasting him even more sharply with his brother. He is the brains, Jamie is the brawn, and his character is indeed the primary source of wit and humor in the series so it fits perfectly. Showing him to be a "capable warrior" in addition to a cunning individual who uses his brain to avoid fighting is out of character. Suddenly he becomes implausibly "good at everything", rather than keeping his physical stature as a strict limitation/weakness that he overcomes through de-emphasis. Being a "**** warrior" as Bronn puts it is much more in line with this character concept. They may have made the change largely due to budgetary concerns, but it was a good one regardless. Don't be mad about a great decision made with a character just because you wanted to see a big battle
            It wasn't a bad corner to cut, but Tyrion is not a bad warrior, has never been so, in any of the books. Like with everything else, he finds a way to survive. All that him getting knocked out did was make him look like a comedic relief type doofus.

Comment

• everyone's gonna tune in on Sunday...all ready for the season to begin and HBO is gonna have a huge 'April Fool's' sign and show season 1 again

Comment

• here's the season preview if you havent seen it

http://www.tubeplus.me/player/197393...in_or_you_Die/

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                  everyone's gonna tune in on Sunday...all ready for the season to begin and HBO is gonna have a huge 'April Fool's' sign and show season 1 again

Comment

• Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post

i'd break a tv, for real

Comment

• Premiere party at your house, Mak Stark ?

Comment

Working...
                      X