Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Kessler really impress anyone on Saturday?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Kessler really impress anyone on Saturday?

To me he looked rusty, slow, and frankly a bit out of shape compared to normal. I know this was supposed to be a tuneup and Kessler did win easily, but I wasn't that impressed. He showed me nothing new and I'm not convinced he is one of the favorite's in the super six tourney.

Your thoughts?

The only thing that impressed me was his power. Perdomo was conencting pretty well, Kessler was just landing only jabs really, and a few big right hands through out 4 rounds. But all in all, you can't really tell because it was a four rounder. He's also very technical fighter, so he should be able to come on in later rounds in the tournment. If you think about it, he has great power, when he connects, his man is getting hurt.

Comment

I like Kessler, and i thought the tourny was gonna be between him and AA, but I thought he looked like pure ****. I watched it about an hour ago was very disappointed in his performance. Hopefully it was just a case of ring rust, and he did look better once he upped the tempo a bit, but he floored the guy by hitting him on the shoulder in the 3rd (well thats what it looked like on youtube), and for the stoppage it was Calzaghe Manfredo in disguise. He only hit him once (after he stunned him with a good right), from 3 inches with his left and the rest of the punches missed or were blocked.

Maybe i'm being too critical, but i hold Kessler to a higher standard than saturday's performance. His opponent was pretty ****. And he struggled to hit him.

Comment

Originally posted by dans01234 View Post
        To me he looked rusty, slow, and frankly a bit out of shape compared to normal. I know this was supposed to be a tuneup and Kessler did win easily, but I wasn't that impressed. He showed me nothing new and I'm not convinced he is one of the favorite's in the super six tourney.

Your thoughts?
        same old euro-boxer.

Comment

It looked to me like Kessler won rather easily in a fight that he needed and likely wasn't hyped up for.

Comment

I was not that impressed but he did what I expected him to do and that was land that right hand which was there and would have been there all night for him. Took him a minute to figure it out but he got the job done. I had predicted a 3rd round knock out so he was close enough to doing what I thought he was going to do. It will be a whole different story in the super 6 and Kessler will do good in this tourney. He has what it takes to be in the finals. Whether or not he makes it is another story.

Comment

I think he was putting more into his punches than he usually does which left him looking a little off balance, I think he was just trying to get rid of the guy to be honest, i dont think he was thinking of outboxing him

Comment

No he did not impress me. Andre Ward looked pretty strong in his fight. I hope Kessler wins but I'm not so sure anymore.

Comment

i think they stopped it too early

Comment

Kessler will obliterate Ward.

Comment

Working...
                    X