No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach on Khan, Pacquiao's Fourth Duel With Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach on Khan, Pacquiao's Fourth Duel With Marquez

There has been a lot of uncertainty with trainer Freddie Roach these days, as question marks had hovered around his three recent high-profile athletes.

Tonight, inside of the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, Roach will lead Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. into battle against Argentina’s Sergio Martinez. Despite being the WBC’s champion at 160 pounds, the 26-year old Chavez is an underdog heading into what undoubtedly is the most dangerous fight of his career.

It was recently announced by various outlets that Roach’s number-one fighter, eight-division champion Manny Pacquiao, is in line for a fourth fight with Juan Manuel Marquez on December 8th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. The process of ironing out Pacquiao’s next opponent was extremely exhausting, however, and the latest rumors of the Filipino star’s connection to rapper 50 Cent have raised even more questions.
    [Click Here To Read More]

oh so Roach is bitter then.

Comment

Damn Roach getting mad.. He shouldn't be surprised, most everyone said Khan was garbage. Only the tards hyped him up as the next guy Floyd was supposed to be scared of since birth.

Roach always looking to out-due someone though... I think he realized that if Chavez loses tonight, every last one of his star fighters have lost this year.

Comment

Roach wants Pacman to face Garcia because Khan said Roach doesn't teach defense. The only fighter associated with Roach that has halfway decent defensive capabilities is Vanes. The rest are all offensive fighters that use their jaws as shields.

That's not why Roach wants Danny. He wants Danny because he can get Pacman to pull off a highlight reel ko. Which is years overdue. But then that means they'll want to bring Danny up in weight. To all my fellow boxing sceners, if Pacman fights Garcia in 2013, he might **** around & get beat up. That's right, I said it. Garcia is a fine counter punchers, he's young & strong. Pacman has a problem with counter punchers, like it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          Roach wants Pacman to face Garcia because Khan said Roach doesn't teach defense. The only fighter associated with Roach that has halfway decent defensive capabilities is Vanes. The rest are all offensive fighters that use their jaws as shields.

That's not why Roach wants Danny. He wants Danny because he can get Pacman to pull off a highlight reel ko. Which is years overdue. But then that means they'll want to bring Danny up in weight. To all my fellow boxing sceners, if Pacman fights Garcia in 2013, he might **** around & get beat up. That's right, I said it. Garcia is a fine counter punchers, he's young & strong. Pacman has a problem with counter punchers, like it or not.
          Garcia is a counter-banger though. He plays into Pac's hands, yet simultaneously, he presents a stylistic issue as well. I would actually love that fight tbh, cuz I think Garcia has a shot. Pac doesn't like body shots and he doesn't like left hooks, and Garcia is good at both. Imagine the trash-talk from Angel, it would be epic! lol. I don't think moving up in weight would hurt Garcia at all, he hinted in an interview that he plans to move up sooner or later. This is a fight that I wish Pac would take, I want to see him fight the young guns. Instead, he goes from Bradley, back to Marquez.

Comment

Yup, I called it. It was only a matter of time before these two started talking shit about each other.

Comment

@ Roach....since 2007 I've been saying that this dude is a overrated trainer....NOW he's showing the unprofessional behavior that makes him the lame prick he is....btw, Danny might lose to Manny but he WILL win some rounds....plus imo. Khan does better against Marquez than Manny....

Comment

Roach seems a bit P*ssed he did great work with khan at first on defense but maybe he was looking too good so they neglected it khan to me seems like one of them people you have to keep on top of and i don't think roach did that recently he needs to be the sole fighter at this period in his career i personally would love to see khan go with steward.

Comment

Originally posted by WESS View Post
                  Damn Roach getting mad.. He shouldn't be surprised, most everyone said Khan was garbage. Only the tards hyped him up as the next guy Floyd was supposed to be scared of since birth.

Roach always looking to out-due someone though... I think he realized that if Chavez loses tonight, every last one of his star fighters have lost this year.
                  yeah, I used to get a kick out of when people were saying Khan would run over Floyd after Khan beat Judah. really ridiculous.

All of Roach's fighters did NOT lose this year though. Manny beat the wheels off Timmy, literally.

Comment

over-rated trainer riding on pacquiao's coat-tail

Comment

Working...
                    X