Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are people calling Canelo-Khan a super fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    I could list the reason why bookies no fuk all about boxing, but considering they apparently have Khan as 3-1, I don't think I should have to.
    I agree!! Arroyo has more of a chance of an upset and from what i've seen is almost 10:1

Originally posted by tiois85 View Post
    He is bringing his mammoth sized balls to the table.

Consensus is that it's intriguing. ...yea you got the brook crew who will hate but with this move they have been rendered irrelevant except on starting threads arguing if this is a big or super fight! !!

Canelo is the favourite but if khan brings the best version of himself along with a top plan from virgil then it's closer than you think. ..
    The best version might do ok up untill the point canelo lands a half decent punch. If kahn gets hurt canelo will be able to finish him quiet easily!!

Comment

In the UK it seems like a big deal, i wouldnt say superfight but a big fight for sure. The fact he got the 3rd most marketable fighter in boxing to fight him at a higher weight class has created intrigue.

Comment

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
          $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
          Pretty much.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
            Bookies know ALL sports! They hire people who know about sports. The problem here isn't whether you or I think they know boxing, it is that you don't have a clue about bookies.

Bookies are not trying to pick the winner, they are trying to achieve an even spread on both guys. They would have already used calculations to work out the odds in a way that no matter who wins they have will be in profit. The profit is 'in built' in their opening odds and what they predetermine are likely to be the betting patterns of the public. Now in the next few weeks if too much money goes on one fighter then they will assess and change the odds to try and tempt people to put money on the other side so it balances back into their ideal 'profit model'.

The bookies objective is much like how the stock market operates, it is to minimise risk and take small gains over a longer period of time.
            Even spread on both guys?

And you claim I don't know about bookies. Mate, you sound like an idiot.
            The reason why they give good odds on underdogs is so you can waste your money on something unlikely to happen.

But yeah, you're the guru

Still doesn't reflect how big of an underdog Khan is.
            Last edited by LacedUp; 02-17-2016, 07:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mann187 View Post
              In the UK it seems like a big deal, i wouldnt say superfight but a big fight for sure. The fact he got the 3rd most marketable fighter in boxing to fight him at a higher weight class has created intrigue.
              Of course it's a big deal - Mainly because of the massive bombshell.

Doubt it'll do well at the UK box office.

Comment

Literally everyone in Khan's platoon call it a super fight.
                That's like 2 guys lol

Reality is no one I'm boxing circles would label it a super fight. Having said that, it's still the biggest fight made this year or second to pac v Bradley.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
                  That's like 2 guys lol

Reality is no one I'm boxing circles would label it a super fight. Having said that, it's still the biggest fight made this year or second to pac v Bradley.
                  http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/g...-a6849326.html

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing...serves-7301794

Quite a few call it a super fight.

I don't really think so. Klitschko vs Fury is bigger as well, even though it technically hasn't been made yet.

Comment

When have you seen a 3-1 underdog in a super fight? I don't think that's normal at all.

Yeah I know, but not with two world level fighters coming up against each other in a so-called super fight.

2-1? seriously?
                    Plenty of examples, I don't think Mayweather has ever been shorter than 1/3 in the last 10 years and he's been in plenty of super fights.

Hagler-Leonard, Ali-Foreman, top of my head both much wider underdogs according to the bookies.

Yep, he's 2-1 with quite a few. I don't agree with it but that's what he is.

Comment

If Canelo is such a sure thing you should have time to sell your house and get on him before the fight.

Guaranteed 33% return investment is pretty hard to beat.

Comment

Working...
                      X