RIP. Will be remembered forever.

Comment

damn 83, he lived a long life, hopefully a fullfilling one

RIP

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
        damn 83, he lived a long life, hopefully a fullfilling one

RIP
        He seemed sharp in any of the later interviews I saw with him.

He used to tell a great story about when Robinson knocked him out with that spectacular left hook. When he woke up/came to his senses he looked over at Robinson and saw that Ray was jumping up and down as he was celebrating. Fullmer turned to his trainer and asked him "Why the fuck is Ray doing exercises between rounds?" His trainer told him that the ref had counted to 10 and that the fight was over. Fullmer said he didn't remember any of that so he concluded that the count must have been for him.

Comment

R.I.P. Champion! Terrific competitor and man, a proud fighter who was known as the "Cyclone" because he could turn up the intensity at any time.

Thank you Gene for great performances.

Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            Went 2-1-1 with Ray Robinson and beat Carmen Basillio twice. Better resume in terms of great wins than anyone boxing today.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              He seemed sharp in any of the later interviews I saw with him.

He used to tell a great story about when Robinson knocked him out with that spectacular left hook. When he woke up/came to his senses he looked over at Robinson and saw that Ray was jumping up and down as he was celebrating. Fullmer turned to his trainer and asked him "Why the fuck is Ray doing exercises between rounds?" His trainer told him that the ref had counted to 10 and that the fight was over. Fullmer said he didn't remember any of that so he concluded that the count must have been for him.
              it's good to know he kept his faculties

and yea, fuked up that one minute you could be Ali'ing some guy and before you realise it he's sent you through time

Comment

Rest In Peace! He was one of those champions that I thought would be around forever.

Comment

Rest in peace champ, he lived a long life.

Comment

terrible news

condolences to his family

Comment

Working...
                    X