Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you watch things that aren't directed for your age?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spongebob squarepants - some of the humor is directed at adults. Oftentimes it feels as if the creator is on crack.

Shaun The Sheep - i like it, and wallace and gromit too.

Ultraman - Created for kids, but the loyal fanbase is made up of really old geeks.

---
    OT: I listen to stuff old people listen to (Beatles, Led Zep, Deep Purple, Jackson, AC DC, Metallica, Megadeth... 60's-90's stuff) when, given my age, i should be into 2000's stuff.

Comment

yeah man I hear ya there, I was brought up on Old Country and Western (Conway Twitty, Loretta Lynn, Tammy Wynette, Patsy Cline, Merl Haggard, Charlie Daniels) as well as the classic oldies from the golden age of music (Chuck Berry, Dion and the Belmonts, Franki Valli and the Four Seasons, Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens ect) I still will find that on the radio and listen to it more often than not. I do though enjoy older jazz/Blues as well music, like Charlie Parker, Robert Johnson, to name a couple. I just find that music more real and entertaining than listening to all computer generated sounds and crazy electric guitar tunes that dont take actual talent to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Akinapepemo View Post
        Spongebob squarepants - some of the humor is directed at adults. Oftentimes it feels as if the creator is on crack.

Shaun The Sheep - i like it, and wallace and gromit too.

Ultraman - Created for kids, but the loyal fanbase is made up of really old geeks.

---
        OT: I listen to stuff old people listen to (Beatles, Led Zep, Deep Purple, Jackson, AC DC, Metallica, Megadeth... 60's-90's stuff) when, given my age, i should be into 2000's stuff.
        How old are you?

Comment

Sure! All the old '90s cartoons are on regular spin. Right now it's Rescue Rangers and Thunderbirds - every single episode. :thumbs1:

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
            Sure! All the old '90s cartoons are on regular spin. Right now it's Rescue Rangers and Thunderbirds - every single episode. :thumbs1:
            is spin a cable network where you live? I never heard of it here in the us?

Comment

Glad i ain't the only one lmao

Yeah i like power rangers, yu-gi-oh, pokemon, digimon, beyblade and i am ashamed to say sabrina LMAO. I used to watch one piece but they stopped showing it so i recently found it and been doing all day marathons since i got nothing better to do.

Last year i started watching MMA first 1-2 fights then i done a tuf marathon, then i found how i met your mother and big bang theory followed by two and a half men and this year it is one piece, although i got like 65 episodes left on the marathon before i complete it.

Comment

I love those pixar movies and anything similar. I think they are for the whole family but kids definitely enjoy them.

Ice age, UP, Wall-e, ect. That stuff always has me cracking up.

I'm not a huge anime fan but i have watched a couple, Hajime no Ippo is by far my favorite, it's an anime about boxing, i went through the two seasons and the movie in a little over a week.
                Last edited by Equilibrium; 08-11-2010, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                  yeah the cartoons of my childhood in the 90's were awesome

my favorite was Captain Planet followed by the rest, looney tunes, jetsons, flinstones, top ca,t pink panther, josie and the *****cats, wacky races.

hanna barbera were awesome.

Comment

I watch Degrassi and ICarly but only for the hot teen girls.

Comment

Originally posted by Stone Roses! View Post
                      How old are you?

Comment

Working...
                      X