Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok lads if Tyson Fury retired right now...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lparm View Post
    He's not a hw champ he's THE hw champ. He beat the lineal champ easily unlike aj who fought a guy basically off the streets that was handed a title stolen from the true champ.
    I agree he is THE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP. But does that automatically make him an all time great? NO. He needs fights and a long dominating rein as champ.

I think Fury with his size and decent skills has a chance to dominate for a good amount of time as champ. But until that happens you can't anoint him an all time great. There is just to many variables out there that he needs to pass first. He did beat Wlad but it would have been better if he closed the show and got the KO after outboxing him. That's what all time greats do.

Anyways there is a lot of good about Fury but he needs to prove his status in the ring. You just can't go off his size and winning the title and then automatically say he's an all time great. He has the potential to be one and now that he's champ he can start his rein of dominance and then the convo can start.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
      Lol, lol, lol.

You know you have nothing when you respond the way you did. Try and boy.

Anyways I'm not knocking Fury. I do like him and think he has a lot of good going for him. But as of right now and just barely winning the heavyweight title. He hasn't even defended it yet or even had a long rein. But I think it's not fair to the sport to say someone is an all time great without having a defense of your title.

Do I thin he's an all time great heavy right now? Absolutely not. But then again he's just starting his rein and if he keeps up what he is doing for a while, then he will go down as one of the greats.
      Winning by 3 clear rounds and 5 rounds on another card IN WLADS BACKYARD yeah not easy to get a decision there but even the judges in his fighting base camp knew he'd lost.

If that fight was on neutral ground it's far wider scores I had fury winning 9-3 if I'm extremely generous to wlad I'd give him 4 rounds at best. So barely winning as you put it isn't even close to the truth.

Comment

• Forgotton no Hall of fame.

Comment

• Originally posted by lparm View Post
          Winning by 3 clear rounds and 5 rounds on another card IN WLADS BACKYARD yeah not easy to get a decision there but even the judges in his fighting base camp knew he'd lost.

If that fight was on neutral ground it's far wider scores I had fury winning 9-3 if I'm extremely generous to wlad I'd give him 4 rounds at best. So barely winning as you put it isn't even close to the truth.
          I think you misconstrued what I meant by barely winning the title. I had fury winning 10-2. I meant barely winning the title as in he just won the in his last fight and hasn't even defended it yet. But dude I'm not saying fury is trash or that he sucks. I'm saying he needs to fight and have a long rein of dominance before we start talking about him being an all time great heavyweight.

Can he evenually be an all time great heavyweight? Absolutely, but he needs fights and he needs dominance for a long stretch before he gets there. You just can't go off his size and him beating Wlad. Give it time dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by mlac View Post
            He certainly would not be in the top 100, he already has 2 losses, 1 against John Mcdermott and 1 DQ loss against U.S.S for illegal elbows and holding while hitting.
            Best heavyweight of all time doe
            John McDermott would have beaten anyone on that night.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enayze View Post
              There is nothing overly impressive about Fury's physique, the guy looks like an oversized potato bag.
              He has an old school fighter's physique. That's how you know he's the real deal. No steroid muscles for him, unlike some of the rampant juice-mongers of recent years.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
                I think you misconstrued what I meant by barely winning the title. I had fury winning 10-2. I meant barely winning the title as in he just won the in his last fight and hasn't even defended it yet. But dude I'm not saying fury is trash or that he sucks. I'm saying he needs to fight and have a long rein of dominance before we start talking about him being an all time great heavyweight.

Can he evenually be an all time great heavyweight? Absolutely, but he needs fights and he needs dominance for a long stretch before he gets there. You just can't go off his size and him beating Wlad. Give it time dude.
                There are different ways of establishing yourself in a division. I don't think Fury is going to have a long reign, so he'll need to do something spectacular in his next few fights to really cement his position among the upper echelons, the way Tyson, and to a lesser extent Bowe, did. Unfortunately, his lack of punching power means he's more likely than not just gonna end up widely outpointing people and making them look like crap in the bargain, which leaves himself open to the criticism that his opponents had off nights or were never that good to begin with. I can see that happening with Ortiz and Wilder, probably AJ as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beyonce Bomber View Post
                  John McDermott would have beaten anyone on that night.
                  Except Fury who beat him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beyonce Bomber View Post
                    There are different ways of establishing yourself in a division. I don't think Fury is going to have a long reign, so he'll need to do something spectacular in his next few fights to really cement his position among the upper echelons, the way Tyson, and to a lesser extent Bowe, did. Unfortunately, his lack of punching power means he's more likely than not just gonna end up widely outpointing people and making them look like crap in the bargain, which leaves himself open to the criticism that his opponents had off nights or were never that good to begin with. I can see that happening with Ortiz and Wilder, probably AJ as well.
                    Boxing is like jazz, the better it is, the less people appreciate it.

Comment

• seriously?? Yeah he beat wlad, good on him, but apart from that win his resume is pretty thin

Comment

Working...
                      X