No announcement yet.

Quitting Alcohol

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MeiXiang View Post
    Well, I'd like to quit cold turkey. I'm sick of the cravings. Moderation is fine but even so with me, it's like 1 after another when 1 or 2 doesn't seem to keep me happy.
    ask your doctor for some medication to help you get through the rough patches dude.

Comment

Originally posted by MeiXiang View Post
      How long has Boxing Scene gone without any alcohol in their body? I tried to quit a few months ago which lasted about a month before I started drinking again I got really sick in the process so I quit again and hopefully it will last. It's been a and a half months so far and I think I'm alright. I do have cravings for a beer but I've tried to stay strong. Last nite, I dreamed about a keg actually. I purposely bought two cases of beer containing 20 cans of Fosters and 20 cans of Carlsberg which has been sitting in my closet untouched and I swear the temptation is getting close (that part's real - not talking about my dream). Arghghg
      Ironically enough, I run quite a lot and it was for this reason that I decided to quit for good.
      I ran whilst drinking alot and even though I couldn't go far I still did on average 5 miles a day.

I think the alcohol started being a problem when I noticed that I would go through bottles of hard alcohol a week (mostly liqueurs and cognac) going well over 3 times the limit a day to the point that I was getting hangovers almost every day although I was still functioning.

Oh man...I could go for a beer right about now. Please help.

I know a 2.16 marathoner who was a raging alcoholic. Go figure.

You have to do what's right for you personally.

Good luck, brother.

Comment

Originally posted by GOAT86 View Post
        Explains your choice of user-name here.

Btw, church and pron are basically the same.

Got some patron in your cup right now, walt?
        I told u i dont drink that rookie ass drink.

Vodka tonite

Hey ts, i know a dude who drinks all the time and does ironmans.

Drinking and bwing in shape are mutually exclusive.

Comment

Originally posted by GOAT86 View Post
          Explains your choice of user-name here.

Btw, church and pron are basically the same.

Got some patron in your cup right now, walt?
          Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
          I told u i dont drink that rookie ass drink.

Vodka tonite

Hey ts, i know a dude who drinks all the time and does ironmans.

Drinking and bwing in shape are mutually exclusive.
          noooooooo ... my boy walt drinks some good tequila like me ... Don Julio Anejo .... but the longest i've gone without drinking was 1 month on a bet with a girl I was talkin to ... i drink every other day mostly beer, but i'll drink liquor on the weekends

Comment

If you're a heavy drinker..........it's tough to stop cold turkey. Well it's flat out dangerous, because your body produces neuro inhibitors that adjust to the booze intake. That's why doctors prescribe people valium/xanax etc because it mocks the drug and then you decrease the dose.

That being stated some people are more resiliant than others and can quit without having the withdrawal symptoms. And I'm talking about someone who drinks hard pretty much every day............which there are alot of people that do.

But everyone is different, some people can just up and quit.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

its about 2 and a half years since i did alcohol. stopped when i realized just how serious a drug it is and gotta say its amongst the very best decisions i ever made. like i said it really is a quite heavy drug, the only reason its legal is bcuz it goes back so far in western culture, had it been invented 50 or even 100 years ago it would be illegal no doubt. just like if coke was invented 500 years ago that would be legal and ppl would be doing blow every weekend instead of getting high on alcohol.

i dont judge ppl though, they can do whatever they want. but i will say this, if u want to compete in boxing u have to stop drinking. i mean u can keep going but u are handicapping yourself really bad.

after about 8-10 months of not drinking i stopped thinking about it and it just became a normal thing. the only thing u dont get used to is having to tell pushy ppl u dont want to have a drink. alot of ppl are just cool with it but some ppl are really slow and get quite annoying trying to convince you by just saying "come on" and "why not?" 500 times even after u explained it.

and if u go in on how its really a serious drug they act like your crazy then get overly defensive about it.

Comment

The last time I had a drink was in May. I cant drink here, so I'll just have to wait till I get home. It aint hard though, and I drink more than you TS(A whole lot more). Its all about doin what you gotta do.

LoL. And I done seen a gang of ***** that'll make you wanna pick up the bottle. But this aint the environment for it(drinkin), far too much at stake.

Comment

Drank a fair bit last night

Comment

you dont have to stop completely, you can just have a few at social gatherings etc, or when you hit the town, you dont have to drink everyday of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
                      i quit every january and drink pretty much every other night for the rest of the year.

why quit? have some self control. if you don't, a life of substance abuse isn't for you kiddo. move along to the church crowd or get addicted to pron instead.

either way, you'll just be trading addictions, get one you can control.
                      Thats right addictions are one of lifes many pleasures you don't want to miss out on while your here, its all about knowing what is excessive and when its not time to play because there is work to be done.

Comment

Working...
                      X