Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone See Last Night's Baseball All-Star Game?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone See Last Night's Baseball All-Star Game?

They broadcast a commercial for Fox Sports featuring several major athletes from different sports. "Canelo" was the featured boxer. Georges St-Pierre was the MMA guy. In that portion, the camera turned to the outside of the "octagon" and showed UFC president Dana White laughing it up with Mike Tyson. The commercial was very entertaining to watch...very film-like.

This is the second big-budget commercial I've seen Alvarez "star" in. The kid is big and getting bigger. The only other boxers I can recall getting this sort of treatment were "Sugar" Ray Leonard and Mike Tyson. In the Fox Sports commercial, they raised Saul's arm in victory after his "bout." He looked like a movie star. If he somehow manages to pull the upset with Mayweather...fuhgetaboutit.

Win or lose Canelo will be a star nonetheless. Losing to Floyd isn't a bad thing if you have a good/respectable showing. He'll be here for awhile unless he loses and simply goes haywire outside the ring and let's a single defeat ruin his future.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
      They broadcast a commercial for Fox Sports featuring several major athletes from different sports. "Canelo" was the featured boxer. Georges St-Pierre was the MMA guy. In that portion, the camera turned to the outside of the "octagon" and showed UFC president Dana White laughing it up with Mike Tyson. The commercial was very entertaining to watch...very film-like.

This is the second big-budget commercial I've seen Alvarez "star" in. The kid is big and getting bigger. The only other boxers I can recall getting this sort of treatment were "Sugar" Ray Leonard and Mike Tyson. In the Fox Sports commercial, they raised Saul's arm in victory after his "bout." He looked like a movie star. If he somehow manages to pull the upset with Mayweather...fuhgetaboutit.
      I was at the game so I didn't see the commercial but bro, Canelo is a star!!! It's crazy!! I tell all my friends that if Canelo wins, the SPORTS world will go crazy!!!! It'll be insane!!! Lol oh I was at the derby too and I was in the upper deck on the left field side and your man Cespedes hit that **** a few rows before mine. I was like aye caramba!!! Lol great show put on by the Cuban. I remember when I heard he was coming to the MLB, I was so happy. I wish Yulieski Guerriel could come over too.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
        Win or lose Canelo will be a star nonetheless. Losing to Floyd isn't a bad thing if you have a good/respectable showing. He'll be here for awhile unless he loses and simply goes haywire outside the ring and let's a single defeat ruin his future.
        I agree. Even if (actually...when, in my opinion) he loses to Floyd, his star can continue to shine. But a win would really catapult Saul into the stratosphere.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Rigg View Post
          I was at the game so I didn't see the commercial but bro, Canelo is a star!!! It's crazy!! I tell all my friends that if Canelo wins, the SPORTS world will go crazy!!!! It'll be insane!!! Lol oh I was at the derby too and I was in the upper deck on the left field side and your man Cespedes hit that **** a few rows before mine. I was like aye caramba!!! Lol great show put on by the Cuban. I remember when I heard he was coming to the MLB, I was so happy. I wish Yulieski Guerriel could come over too.
          Nice, bro! I haven't even set foot in Citi Field yet. Cespedes looked incredible the other night. It must've been something to watch that guy launch those shots live. I was feeling really good to watch two Cubans pitch back-to-back in the All-Star game: Jose Fernandez and Aroldis Chapman. I would've loved to see Gourriel come over a few years ago. Abreu and Despaigne look really good, too. But the guy I really wish had defected years ago is Frederich Cepeda. That guy is a switch-hitting Manny Ramirez. What a damn shame these guys are languishing in communism.

I'm beginning to feel that "Canelo" is bigger than I imagined. He's got quite a bit going for him. He can be huge. As you said, if he manages to beat Floyd, it's gonna get crazy.

Comment

Canelo beating mayweather would be the best thing to happen to boxing in a long time.

Comment

Nice, bro! I haven't even set foot in Citi Field yet. Cespedes looked incredible the other night. It must've been something to watch that guy launch those shots live. I was feeling really good to watch two Cubans pitch back-to-back in the All-Star game: Jose Fernandez and Aroldis Chapman. I would've loved to see Gourriel come over a few years ago. Abreu and Despaigne look really good, too. But the guy I really wish had defected years ago is Frederich Cepeda. That guy is a switch-hitting Manny Ramirez. What a damn shame these guys are languishing in communism.

I'm beginning to feel that "Canelo" is bigger than I imagined. He's got quite a bit going for him. He can be huge. As you said, if he manages to beat Floyd, it's gonna get crazy.
              I have season tix to Oakland and that boy is a stud! I was so excited when i heard we signed him! Finally added a solid bat to our lineup

I saw the commercial. Me and the wife were saying hes already a superstar and if he wins the boxing world will change overnight and he would become the face of this sport.

Hope you all are ready for that because its coming Sept 14th!

Comment

Man at first I thought you were going to brag about the Cuban home run champion at the derby lol.

Comment

I watched the whole game I don't know how I missed that. But yeah canelos stock rises daily. And your right boxers usually get little to no publicity let alone commercials, the under amour sponsorship is really helping him IMO I was surprised to see his brand over at a local sporting goods as the face of their under armour products .

Comment

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                    I have season tix to Oakland and that boy is a stud! I was so excited when i heard we signed him! Finally added a solid bat to our lineup
                    The man's a beast. Yoenis missed a few games early this season, and he's been struggling with his batting average, but his power output has taken a recent surge. That display at the All-Star game was epic, second only to Josh Hamilton's from a few years ago. (I don't think anyone has ever seen bombs like that.)

Originally posted by Fetta View Post
                    I saw the commercial. Me and the wife were saying hes already a superstar and if he wins the boxing world will change overnight and he would become the face of this sport.

Hope you all are ready for that because its coming Sept 14th!
                    I'm not a fan of commercials, per se; but every now and then, I see one I really like. That was a serious production...very nice work. I enjoyed it quite a bit, especially since some of the images were a bit of a surprise.

I agree, with a win over Mayweather, "Canelo" will instantly become the face of the sport. Judging from last night, he'll carry it well.

Comment

Working...
                    X