Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tomorrow marks the anniversary of one of the greatest Roy Jones KOs...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Tomorrow marks the anniversary of one of the greatest Roy Jones KOs...

Ten years to the day:

How you gonna celebrate it, Reed? Bottle of champagne?

Dont get why he still fighting, surely he aint bankrupt?

Comment

Yeah Roy's well past it,it's a shame he carried on fighting.He should of quit when Calzaghe beat him.

Comment

Mr Unstoppable.

Comment

Originally posted by Badzi87 View Post
          Dont get why he still fighting, surely he aint bankrupt?

by all accounts, roy still has a lot of money saved / invested.

he's also got his HBO gig, which pays six figures USD.

roy jones is still fighting because he's brain damaged. he thinks he's still got it, and that a few wins will get him back into title contention.

Comment

i bought jones - hopkins 2. i'm partially responsible for jones thinking he's still got it / is still in the mix for title shots.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
              by all accounts, roy still has a lot of money saved / invested.

he's also got his HBO gig, which pays six figures USD.

roy jones is still fighting because he's brain damaged. he thinks he's still got it, and that a few wins will get him back into title contention.
              Six figures? I seriously, seriously doubt that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
                Six figures? I seriously, seriously doubt that.

why?

you really think HBO pays roy jones 25, 50, or 75 grand a year?

six figures isn't much money to a network like HBO. they paid three million bucks for rodriguez - ward.

he's got to travel, displace his schedule. they also have to pay for his knowledge / expertise. there are very few in the world who are qualified to do what he does, and have the ability to sound good on the air.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  why?

you really think HBO pays roy jones 25, 50, or 75 grand a year?

six figures isn't much money to a network like HBO. they paid three million bucks for rodriguez - ward.

he's got to travel, displace his schedule. they also have to pay for his knowledge / expertise. there are very few in the world who are qualified to do what he does, and have the ability to sound good on the air.
                  I think he should stick to his commentary, he's been doing it for years and he already has atleast one legendary moment that ranks up there with other historic moments. I want to see more of "Ohhhhh! He's not getting up Jim!" before he gets himself hurt and is no longer able to deliver like this.

Comment

Originally posted by HughJass View Post
                    Yeah Roy's well past it,it's a shame he carried on fighting.He should of quit when Calzaghe beat him.
                    Why would Roy quit in his prime?

Comment

Working...
                    X