Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brit fans embarrass me over this Haye thing...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think most of us are realistic. Its just a band of a few like Blobby, lfc and Joey Zagz who speak that *****. And you can tell they dont even believe half the stuff they write

Comment

Wlad is the guy with one punch HW KO power, not Haye. That fact will make Haye ultra cautious, whatever he says about charging across the ring. He said the same bull**** about fighting Valuev and ran away. Don't believe a word Haye says. He'll be ****ting himself against Klitschko.

Comment

Originally posted by Wan Long Pong View Post
        ... as a fellow Brit, I'm cringing at these "Haye can do what he wants" type posts.

Even if Haye DOES win, then this ain't gonna be a walkover.

I'm reading now that Haye is a harder puncher than Wlad from some posters. The guy's a blown up cruiser who took about eight shots to TKO Audley Harrison. I know it's nice to pretend he's a one shot KO artist, but he isn't. Sure, he can crack, but he ain't gonna get Wlad's (underrated) chin out of there with one shot.

If Wlad wasn't allowed to get away with that appalling holding he does when an opponent's inside (and it's in Germany, so he will be) then I'd give Haye 10% chance more than I do now.

I give the kid a shot, but make Wlad the favourite here. I want to be proved wrong, but this ain't no walkover, and Haye will rightly be the underdog here.
        Its a war of words more than anything else. Wlad fans are sounding just as stupid.

Comment

Haye will have to do four things if he wants to win the fight:

1. Nullify the Klitschko jab - not rocket science to say it, but it's the big reason Wladimir is where he is today. Haye will have to circle to the left and brave being in range of Wladimir's right hand to make it more difficult for Wladimir to dictate.

2. Have an active workrate - Haye will have to show more activity than in any fight we've seen him. Haye needs to slow Wladimir down and he can't do that by just continually backing off and waiting for a big counter shot.

3. Work the body - the best way to slow an opponent down is to work the body and not enough of Wladimir's opponents have tried. Wladimir's defence is too tight to land many big shots upstairs, so Haye will have to go to the body, in order to bring those hands down, especially because of Wladimir's alleged abdominal injuries of late. Haye is actually a mean body puncher when he decides to use body shots, which isn't often enough, so he could do some damage and possibly open Wladimir up for combinations upstairs.

4. Stay away for the inside - sounds crazy against a stand-up European boxer like Wladimir, doesn't it? The reality is that fighters aren't successful on the inside against Wladimir because Wladimir just doesn't accept inside fighting, choosing to hold until the two fighters are broken up. There is no chance Wladimir will be punished for repeated holding in Germany. During these clinches Wladimir leans down upon his opponent thanks to his superior size and recharges energy while sapping his opponent. For a fighter like Haye, who has had stamina issues in the past, this could be disastrous. Haye will have to beat Wladimir at his own game on the outside, albeit through different methods like body punching from the outside and counter shots.

I'm not sure that Haye could do all of the above and I'm damn sure he won't try it all, which is why I have to make Wladimir the overwhelming favourite.

Comment

It is embarrassing. Some of the British posters on here sound like the type of people you would meet in a pub, who only watch British fighters and believe all of the biased bull**** written in the back pages of The Sun, Daily Mirror etc.

Comment

I don't really buy that stuff, I got used to few posters from U.K. but within last 2 days, I see tons of posts from haye fans, writing bs. this got too far, I just want to see the fight, that's it. won't argue with them anymore

Comment

The Brits on here who actually know about boxing aren't the ones making those posts. A lot of the British fans on here are pretty knowledgeable and understand how the media over there are in cahoots with Sky and will print whatever is going to sell. The UK media will push Haye to the heavens, but the moment Wlad lays him out they'll have the knives out and Haye will be trashed in the same way that they did Hatton and Khan when they got smashed.

These idiots who are posting crap now will fade away because the media outlets they get their opinions from will be telling them something different about somebody new and as usual, they will accept that as being the gospel.

Comment

95% of the British posters are ******ed.

Comment

Originally posted by GORAL View Post
                    95% of the British posters are ******ed.
                    LOL that post will come back to haunt you.

Comment

Originally posted by cklmaced View Post
                      LOL that post will come back to haunt you.
                      You're one of the most ******ed Brits on this forum.

Comment

Working...
                      X