Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The future of boxing is in Top Ranks hands...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The future of boxing is in Top Ranks hands...

Hate on Arum all you want but if Crawford wins and wins big which I am predicting, and with Loma looking spectacular this passed weekend, we all could be looking at the NEXT Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao. Thoughts?

I know its a lil early to call it but both these guys have the skills to pay the bills. And what better Promoter is there to make a stars than Mr. Bob Arum?

All these other promoters out there should take out a pen and notepad and take notes because the old man has a tiny stable but head to head its hard to match him...

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
    Hate on Arum all you want but if Crawford wins and wins big which I am predicting, and with Loma looking spectacular this passed weekend, we all could be looking at the NEXT Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao. Thoughts?

I know its a lil early to call it but both these guys have the skills to pay the bills. And what better Promoter is there to make a stars than Mr. Bob Arum?

All these other promoters out there should take out a pen and notepad and take notes because the old man has a tiny stable but head to head its hard to match him...
    They also have young prospects like Valdez and Verdejo

Comment

Originally posted by LomaUsykKlichko View Post
      They also have young prospects like Valdez and Verdejo
      The only problem I have with Top Rank is Bob is cheap and doesn't put his fighters out for exposure/publicity. I could only imagine what buzz Loma would be getting if that KO was on free National T.V. like Fox.

Comment

We'll see. TopRank definitely has some good prospects, but even Arum admitted that Loma may never become a crossover star like Floyd/Pac.

As for Crawford.. he's gonna be on the PPV and we'll see how he does. Nobody expects that match to do great PPV numbers, but if he exceeds expectations they may try to put him on again to see how that works out.

Comment

The only problem I have with Top Rank is Bob is cheap and doesn't put his fighters out for exposure/publicity. I could only imagine what buzz Loma would be getting if that KO was on free National T.V. like Fox.
          I agree hopefully we will see some of TR prospects on Haymons card as Bob said he is interested in working with Haymon

Comment

Crawford, Verdejo, walters, Valdez, Loma, Ramirez..TR is looking good for the future. The only questions for me:

will they take on tough non tr opponents like Errol Spence or avoid him, and

will the fights between them be on even terms or will Bob force guys into a CW like Cotto was to get fights made?

Comment

Aren't his kind usually Penny Pinchers ? Can't say the name cause This is a PC site

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
                We'll see. TopRank definitely has some good prospects, but even Arum admitted that Loma may never become a crossover star like Floyd/Pac.

As for Crawford.. he's gonna be on the PPV and we'll see how he does. Nobody expects that match to do great PPV numbers, but if he exceeds expectations they may try to put him on again to see how that works out.
                Maybe so but I am sure no one wouldve really expected a poor Filipino (former flyweight) to become a crossover star. One benefit Loma would gain is learning English ASAP! Loma looks like your average American white dude so if he learned the language I have no doubt he'd pull some fans over from UFC.

As for TC, I dont think the PPV is going to do well due to the state of PPV we are in right now but honestly that could change and the power to change it is in TC's hands. He has a mean attitude and with a big win over Postol, that mean attitude will be perceived as ****iness which boxing and sports fans in general LOVE to HATE.

Comment

I think that Haymon's fighters Vazquez, Spence will become bigger than those guys you mentioned. Because these guys are Americans.
                  An have a good story or are charismatic. Bud is great but he has no charisma and only sells tickets in Omaha.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    Crawford, Verdejo, walters, Valdez, Loma, Ramirez..TR is looking good for the future. The only questions for me:

will they take on tough non tr opponents like Errol Spence or avoid him, and

will the fights between them be on even terms or will Bob force guys into a CW like Cotto was to get fights made?
                    I think eventually fights between TR and PBC will have to be made, thatll be the only way PPV's will get made, fans get tired of the recycled fights and mandatories, we want unifications, the only good part of this coming era of boxing is Promoters are going to be forced to listen to the real fans, boxing lost its casuals, IMO...

As for Spence, to be honest, I think he is going to be avoided like the plague. I know I am with the minority on this site but I think I have a feeling Vargas is going to beat Brook and we will get Vargas vs Garcia, thatll be the 1st big event with TR and PBC, but thatll sideline Spence from a belt opportunity. And the winner of that fight I highly doubt fights spence. Arum may eventually try n cash out Bradley vs Spence but I see Bradley moving up to 154 to cement a HOF ballot.

Comment

Working...
                    X