Collapse
No announcement yet.

Travelling Canada - tips, advice?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Travelling Canada - tips, advice?

In August I'm hoping to travel Canada for a couple of months before finding a place to settle and hopefully work for the rest of my visa (12mth).

I just want to know a few things -

Where is the best place (town/city) for a British person with a University education to find work? I'm open to all types of work.

What is a decent/good starting salary, hourly wage? I won't be living lavishly, but I would like to experience what Canada has to offer on my time off.

Will it be easy to find a flat/house share at affordable prices (400-600 Canadian a month)?

How much in Canadian Dollars a month would I need to live a decent lifestyle? (Cinema, drinks on the weekend, the odd luxury) 800? 1000? 1200?

Any other suggestions or advice would be helpful Thanks!

Grow a beard, learn some moose calls and get one of those funny woollen hats.

Comment

Originally posted by Flab View Post
      Grow a beard, learn some moose calls and get one of those funny woollen hats.
      Hahaha!..........

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
        Very easy to find work in oil-rich Alberta. Wages are very high, but the cost of housing is as well. Climate is dry and cold there.

Vancouver is a very nice city, in many ways the quality of life is highest here.

It's easy to find a good job in Toronto, housing is relatively scarce and expensive there though and the pace is fast. Continental temperate climate.

$500 per week is okay to start, but you'll make more after awhile.

More like $1200, or $600 each for two people.

A month? Not less than $1700, probably more. But you should have no problem finding a job that pays well over $2000 per month.
        Can't give you any more rep, but thanks for the advice. Appreciate it.

Comment

Watch Trailer Park Boys episodes back to back.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom.
            Very easy to find work in oil-rich Alberta. Wages are very high, but the cost of housing is as well. Climate is dry and cold there.

Vancouver is a very nice city, in many ways the quality of life is highest here. There are mountains here and real wilderness starting a kilometer from where I live. Mild gentle climate here, although it rains too much sometimes.
            You're from Vancouver, Tunney? Looks a beautiful place. Definitely on my places to visit.

Comment

You'll probably love the universal healthcare system there. Very similar to England's

Comment

Tunney has provided some pretty good advice. You'll get paid biweekly most likely which is awesome if you're used to a monthly salary like I was.

Toronto is the biggest city. It is home to the Worlds Largest free standing structure (that isn't in Kuala Lumpar or the UAE).

Comment

1. Go to Vancouver or Montreal.
                  2. Act/dress hip.
                  3. Score skanks and herb.
                  4. STD.
                  5. ???
                  6. Profit.

Comment

Also if you go somewhere rural and see a moose it's a good idea to run like fuck.

Comment

Working...
                    X