No announcement yet.

Boxingscene Movie Reviews Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 30 Minutes Or Less

garbage...weak storyline, weak comedy...not even Kenny Powers could save that movie

1 give it a 3.5

Comment

• Limitless

awesome flick...would watch it again...makes me wanna be sober

i give that a 8.5

Comment

• Some films I've seen recently,

Submarine (2010) -- Richard Ayoade does a great job adapting and directing this, and Craig Roberts is great as the quirky lead too. Really charming and funny film, I enjoyed it a lot: 7/10.

Animal Kingdom (2010) -- Australian crime thriller which does a masterful job keeping you on the edge of your seat as events steadily escalate towards a bloody climax: 7.5/10

Black Swan (2010) -- a bit hysterical and melodramatic at times (a recurring theme in Aronofsky's work), but it makes up for it with adroit atmosphere building and a tight story arc. Natalie Portman does a great job immersing herself in the role: 8/10

Source Code (2011) -- further reinforcement that Duncan Jones will be a force in film-making for years to come, compounding the resounding success of his debut feature length, Moon. Again he contributes a refreshing addition to the by now somewhat tired sci-fi genre, this time operating more within the parameters of a traditional ticket-seller: 7/10

Random assortment of old classics,

Seven Samurai (1954) -- one of the greatest films of all time, maybe the greatest even; it's influence on cinema is impossible to overstate, and is particularly evident in the original Star Wars trilogy. It has a pretty long running time but will keep you engrossed throughout. If you have an aesthetic bone in your body you will love this.

Persona (1966) -- the best Bergman film I've seen so far, Persona stands alone at the apex of the psychological thriller genre. Excellent acting; excellent pacing; beautifully filmed -- you can't go wrong really.

Dr. Strangelove (1964) -- maybe the most triumphant of Kubrick's satirical statements; it's funny, engaging and a potent condemnation of the absurdity of the Cold War, which was of course at its height during the time of the film's creation. Probably don't need to recommend this as any self-respecting film fan will have seen it already.
        Last edited by S.G.; 08-15-2011, 01:01 PM.

Comment

• Final Destination 5....If you wanna laugh at stupid ass deaths go watch, for everything else...horrible.

Horrible actors.

Whoever wrote the script should go hang themselves.

One of the girls was sexy.

One of the guys looked like a cheap Kaka.

The other guy looked like the white rapper from Scary Movie 2.

The other guy was a cheap version of the bald racist guy from Harold and Kumar 2.

Personally, I love crap movies so I got my moneys worth.

Can't say the same for some of the other ppl that went with me to go watch it though.

Comment

• I hope they make a remake of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Portuguese View Post
              House of Sand and Fog - 9.5
              An American Crime - 9
              Panic Room -8.5
              High Crimes-8
              Murder by Numbers- 8
              Rescue Dawn- 9
              Mystic River- 8.5
              Double Jeopardy- 8.5
              The Jacket-8
              Red Eye-6.5
              Stir of Echoes -8
              The Lovely Bones-8
              Winter's Bone -8.5
              My Sister's Keeper - 10
              The Boy in The Stripped Pajamas - 8.5
              Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
              Now that's a movie I'd love to see... :wank:

Comment

• I don't watch movies.

Comment

• Originally posted by S.G. View Post
                  Some films I've seen recently,

Submarine (2010) -- Richard Ayoade does a great job adapting and directing this, and Craig Roberts is great as the quirky lead too. Really charming and funny film, I enjoyed it a lot: 7/10.

Animal Kingdom (2010) -- Australian crime thriller which does a masterful job keeping you on the edge of your seat as events steadily escalate towards a bloody climax: 7.5/10

Black Swan (2010) -- a bit hysterical and melodramatic at times (a recurring theme in Aronofsky's work), but it makes up for it with adroit atmosphere building and a tight story arc. Natalie Portman does a great job immersing herself in the role: 8/10

Source Code (2011) -- further reinforcement that Duncan Jones will be a force in film-making for years to come, compounding the resounding success of his debut feature length, Moon. Again he contributes a refreshing addition to the by now somewhat tired sci-fi genre, this time operating more within the parameters of a traditional ticket-seller: 7/10

Random assortment of old classics,

Seven Samurai (1954) -- one of the greatest films of all time, maybe the greatest even; it's influence on cinema is impossible to overstate, and is particularly evident in the original Star Wars trilogy. It has a pretty long running time but will keep you engrossed throughout. If you have an aesthetic bone in your body you will love this.

Persona (1966) -- the best Bergman film I've seen so far, Persona stands alone at the apex of the psychological thriller genre. Excellent acting; excellent pacing; beautifully filmed -- you can't go wrong really.

Dr. Strangelove (1964) -- maybe the most triumphant of Kubrick's satirical statements; it's funny, engaging and a potent condemnation of the absurdity of the Cold War, which was of course at its height during the time of the film's creation. Probably don't need to recommend this as any self-respecting film fan will have seen it already.
                  Persona. Great film. I think David lynch was heavily influenced by Bergman and his subjective look at film and art within his movies.

Need to watch Dr Strangelove. I watched it ages ago when i was too young to understand it or appreciate it.

I have Sourcecode, but am getting throught the original Planet of the Apes films.

Planet of the Apes. (1968)
                  Ok. Nice ending which everyone knows.

Beneath the Planet of the Apes.
                  Similar to the first one, but with a great ending. Made much better when you watch Battle for Planet of the Apes.

Escape from Planet of the Apes.
                  Lots of humor, but the POTA series now really becomes very interesting.

Conquest of the Planet of the Apes.
                  Very good. The previous films all build up to this grand moment.

Battle for the Planet of the Apes.
                  Questions of destiny, fate, time travel, prejudice, greed, power, technology, ethics, education, wisdom etc.

I think this series is one of the best sci-fi stories ever made. Its much deeper than most of the other big sci-fi epics.
                  U just have to get past the bad monkey masks to get into it.

Comment

• Rise of the Apres - 7/10 - Quality special effects, decent story line. Kept me interested throughout.

Take Me Home Tonight - 6.5/10 - Easy watch. Typical life after college comedy with some funny scenes and a lead actress that looks like a hotter version of Kristen Stewart.

I started watching Source Code stoned and I couldn't stay awake.

Forgot I watched Cap'n America recently too. That tells you what I thought of it. Really not that good of a movie. I was disappointed. I'd give it a 6/10. After the midway point, the movie really drags. And talk about a lame ass villian on top of that. Also as far as endings go can't get much worse.
                    Last edited by -Antonio-; 08-16-2011, 12:55 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
                      Limitless

awesome flick...would watch it again...makes me wanna be sober

i give that a 8.5
                      I loved this movie. I was surprised and kind of even blown away with how good it was. Just a cool idea for a movie really.

Comment

Working...
                      X